Anyone migrated from BT Openworld/Yahoo engineer install??

Old May 9th 04, 07:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JC

Default Anyone migrated from BT Openworld/Yahoo engineer install??

Hi,

As it says in the subject...has anyone migrated from BT Openworld/Yahoo
engineer install and was it problematic...and was there any downtime??

I've finally had enough of BTO/Yahoo and am looking to migrate away, but I
have an engineer installed service and so need a supplier that can do this
sort of migration.

I looked at the Plusnet website, as I was told they could do this, but I
couldn't find a phone number anywhere (though I'm sure it must be there
somewhere!)

Also, is there any way I can find out if the quality of my line will
accommodate higher speeds that 512K as I would like a 1Mb service
eventually??

--

Regards

John [Harold Hill, Essex, UK]
Remove the obvious spamtrap to reply
Old May 9th 04, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Thanatos

Hi

"JC" johncalias-newsgroupsATyahooD0TcoD0Tuk wrote in message
Hi,

As it says in the subject...has anyone migrated from BT Openworld/Yahoo
engineer install and was it problematic...and was there any downtime??

I've finally had enough of BTO/Yahoo and am looking to migrate away, but I
have an engineer installed service and so need a supplier that can do this
sort of migration.

I looked at the Plusnet website, as I was told they could do this, but I
couldn't find a phone number anywhere (though I'm sure it must be there
somewhere!)

Also, is there any way I can find out if the quality of my line will
accommodate higher speeds that 512K as I would like a 1Mb service
eventually??

I have just migrated an engineer install from BT to Vispa.com

No downtime, no problems at all.

You can email you questions to them and get an answer from
a person! It is a different world to bt

Well done vispa

Old May 9th 04, 08:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy M Jenkins

JC wrote:
Hi,

As it says in the subject...has anyone migrated from BT Openworld/Yahoo
engineer install and was it problematic...and was there any downtime??

I've finally had enough of BTO/Yahoo and am looking to migrate away, but I
have an engineer installed service and so need a supplier that can do this
sort of migration.

I looked at the Plusnet website, as I was told they could do this, but I
couldn't find a phone number anywhere (though I'm sure it must be there
somewhere!)

Also, is there any way I can find out if the quality of my line will
accommodate higher speeds that 512K as I would like a 1Mb service
eventually??

Several ISPs will migrate an engineer install over to their version of
the engineer install, but at the same product speed - ie 512k to 512k.
After this your then migrated to a wires only product, and then upto 1Mb

Of the top of my head PlusNet do this, as to NDO. But I would guess all
decent ISPs will have this migration path.

--
Regards
Andy M Jenkins
Old May 9th 04, 11:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
w3rd

I migrated from engineer installed BTOpenworld to Nildram when they had the
free migration offer

didnt have any problems, i then upgraded to 1mb using Nildram free offer
again

w3rd

Old May 11th 04, 05:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham Tavener

"w3rd" wrote in message
[...]

I couldn't migrate from BT engineer install to Central Point 2Mb wires only
so I had to cancel and then wait 20 days for the new service to be connected
by Telefonica and CPBB (30 connection charge). All up and running since
then with no problems although it was painful being on dialup for 20 days!

Graham