B/band without subscription?

Old May 9th 04, 11:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Pape

Default B/band without subscription?

Heyello you lovely people,

I am looking to venture into the exciting abyss that is broadband, but am
reluctant to commit to a 12 month contract, as I am off to Uni in Sept/Oct
time, so was just wondering if there are any services that offer b/band
minus the usual contact type stuff?

Cheers,

Chris

Old May 9th 04, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Domestos

"Chris Pape" wrote in message
Heyello you lovely people,

I am looking to venture into the exciting abyss that is broadband, but am
reluctant to commit to a 12 month contract, as I am off to Uni in Sept/Oct
time, so was just wondering if there are any services that offer b/band
minus the usual contact type stuff?

yer - Virgin. I'm using it now. 512k for 24.99/month and a special offer on
thier modem at the moment too. Only 9.99.

No problems yet!

Domestos

Old May 10th 04, 03:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Duncan Hill

Chris Pape uttered in :

Heyello you lovely people,

I am looking to venture into the exciting abyss that is broadband, but am
reluctant to commit to a 12 month contract, as I am off to Uni in Sept/Oct
time, so was just wondering if there are any services that offer b/band
minus the usual contact type stuff?

I have a month-to-month 'contract' with Force9, works fine.

--
Posting addr feeds straight to DCC and others. dhill + nana = cricalix ,
net for direct mail.
Old May 10th 04, 04:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

Duncan Hill wrote:
: I am looking to venture into the exciting abyss that is broadband, but am
: reluctant to commit to a 12 month contract, as I am off to Uni in Sept/Oct
: time, so was just wondering if there are any services that offer b/band
: minus the usual contact type stuff?

: I have a month-to-month 'contract' with Force9, works fine.

There is a BIG difference between a month-to-month contract which you plan
to keep going indefinitely and a "short term" ADSL contract!

force9 (and PlusNet etc.) mostly (all??) charge for activation (~70) on
such contracts while Virgin currently does not!
Old May 10th 04, 09:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JERRY

On 10 May 2004 14:37:35 GMT, Brian McIlwrath
wrote:

Duncan Hill wrote:
: I am looking to venture into the exciting abyss that is broadband, but am
: reluctant to commit to a 12 month contract, as I am off to Uni in Sept/Oct
: time, so was just wondering if there are any services that offer b/band
: minus the usual contact type stuff?

: I have a month-to-month 'contract' with Force9, works fine.

There is a BIG difference between a month-to-month contract which you plan
to keep going indefinitely and a "short term" ADSL contract!

force9 (and PlusNet etc.) mostly (all??) charge for activation (~70) on
such contracts while Virgin currently does not!

Does virgin have alt bineries usenet Complete and unlimited

Please remove -REMOVE- to reply

JERRY