Faster upload than 256?

Old May 10th 04, 12:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Brown :o\)

Default Faster upload than 256?

Is it possible to get a faster upload speed than 256k other than the
£350/month satalite?
Do we have to get a leased line?

Thank you

Old May 10th 04, 12:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

"David Brown )" wrote in message
Is it possible to get a faster upload speed than 256k other than the
£350/month satalite?
Do we have to get a leased line?

ADSL Line Bonding perhaps?

Old May 10th 04, 01:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

SDSL but it's only available on some exchanges BT offer a service and I
think Bulldog do also but it is going to cost a lot. Have a look at BT's
offering http://www.btbroadbandoffice.com/bro.../advanced_sdsl
-service-com...

Old May 10th 04, 01:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alastair

"David Brown )" wrote in message
Is it possible to get a faster upload speed than 256k other than the
£350/month satalite?
Do we have to get a leased line?

Bond two ADSL lines. Supported by AAISP and Nildram I think.

Old May 10th 04, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Baz

"Phil" wrote in message
SDSL but it's only available on some exchanges BT offer a service and I
think Bulldog do also but it is going to cost a lot.

If you are lucky enough to be on Bulldog's LLU exchanges in Central London,
then you get 'up to' 400Kbps upload speed as standard, and constant
excellent download speeds.

If you're on their 'extended' network, it's another matter.

There's a network map at http://www.bulldogdsl.com/partners/netmap.asp
But, it's dated 16 December 2002, so take it with a pinch of salt.

How much over 256Kbps do you want to go?

Baz
NW9, Colindale exchange

Old May 10th 04, 01:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Brown :o\)

Yep just found out about that, thanks )

Old May 10th 04, 02:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Brown :o\)

Thanks all, just spoke to Nildram and SDSL is not available on my exchange,
bonded ADSL will do fine tho'

Cheers

David )

Old May 10th 04, 03:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Gardner

In article ,
"David Brown \)" wrote:

Is it possible to get a faster upload speed than 256k other than the
£350/month satalite?
Do we have to get a leased line?

Nope. You can do it by using DSL on two phone lines and combining them.

Old May 10th 04, 04:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Duncan Hill

David Brown ) uttered in :

Is it possible to get a faster upload speed than 256k other than the
£350/month satalite?

It'd be nice. ADSL in the US is typically 1500/768, vs the */256 available
here. I'd love 512 up, without having to get a second line and bonded DSL.

--
Posting addr feeds straight to DCC and others. dhill + nana = cricalix ,
net for direct mail.
Old May 10th 04, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

wouldn't a higher upload speed require a better quality line?

Dan

David Brown ) uttered in :