Plusnet Order Update

Old May 10th 04, 03:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

Default Plusnet Order Update

Just got in and an email from Plusnet says my service is now active. I don't
have any hardware yet though :-( although it has been sent and a rep said it
will be here 2moro which is the date it was supposed to go live anyway.

So overall it looks like Plusnet are on the ball and thanks to the c/s rep
who put my order in over the weekend...i think it was Luke.

Cheers

Old May 10th 04, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sid Fishes

"Gareth :-) voom" wrote in message ...
Just got in and an email from Plusnet says my service is now active. I don't
have any hardware yet though :-( although it has been sent and a rep said it
will be here 2moro which is the date it was supposed to go live anyway.

So overall it looks like Plusnet are on the ball and thanks to the c/s rep
who put my order in over the weekend...i think it was Luke.

Cheers

thats good news. just checked the status of my hardware and it has been dispatched.
due to be connected on the 12th May.

Old May 10th 04, 11:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Mon, 10 May 2004 18:11:56 +0100, Sid Fishes
wrote:

"Gareth :-) voom" wrote in message
Just got in and an email from Plusnet says my service is now active. I
don't
have any hardware yet though :-( although it has been sent and a rep
said it
will be here 2moro which is the date it was supposed to go live anyway.

So overall it looks like Plusnet are on the ball and thanks to the c/s
rep
who put my order in over the weekend...i think it was Luke.

Cheers

thats good news. just checked the status of my hardware and it has been
dispatched.
due to be connected on the 12th May.

Hi,

We aim send the modem out 2 days before the activation date, unfortunately
if this fails over a weekend it can get delayed by a day and you'll see an
"awaiting stock" message. This is simply because the warehouse is closed
over the weekend and return this code to us and ship the hardware Monday
morning.

--
Regards,

Old May 10th 04, 11:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Marky

Cheers

Your Post has made my mind up I'm coming to Plusnet next month.

So overall it looks like Plusnet are on the ball and thanks to the c/s rep
who put my order in over the weekend...i think it was Luke.

Cheers

---

Old May 11th 04, 12:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian McMillan

Marky wrote in message

Cheers

Your Post has made my mind up I'm coming to Plusnet next month.

I'd migrate from Pipex if they didn't charge the 58.75 activation fee :-/

Ian

Old May 11th 04, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian McMillan

Ian McMillan wrote in message

Marky wrote in message

Cheers

Your Post has made my mind up I'm coming to Plusnet next month.

I'd migrate from Pipex if they didn't charge the 58.75 activation
fee :-/

I take that back, the migration appears to be free if you sign up for 12
months (however I can't find the signup process for this, you end up in a
loop regarding the standard services). What are Plusnet's policies on
usage, bandwidth capping, and whether they are happy with me running servers
or not?

Thanks,
Ian

Old May 11th 04, 12:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

On Tue, 11 May 2004 11:13:14 +0100, "Ian McMillan"
wrote:

Marky wrote in message

Cheers

Your Post has made my mind up I'm coming to Plusnet next month.

I'd migrate from Pipex if they didn't charge the 58.75 activation fee :-/

Ian

Are pipex charging this because you have not completed an annual
contract? After the first year, if you want to migrate, you should be
allowed to do this at migration costs not activation costs. If they
are charging you an activation fee after the first 12 months, I would
report it to ofcom.

regards

Luke
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----+
Old May 11th 04, 12:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

Marky wrote in message

Cheers

Your Post has made my mind up I'm coming to Plusnet next month.

I'd migrate from Pipex if they didn't charge the 58.75 activation
fee :-/

I take that back, the migration appears to be free if you sign up for 12
months (however I can't find the signup process for this, you end up in a
loop regarding the standard services). What are Plusnet's policies on
usage, bandwidth capping, and whether they are happy with me running servers
or not?

Thanks,
Ian

Hi there,

This depends on the account you sign up for. If you go for the
broadband lite account, this has a cap on bandwidth. The home surf
account restricts P2P. All other accounts do not have restrictions on.
We are happy with you running servers as long as it is not revenue
generating (in which case we will ask you to signup for a business
account).

kind regards

Old May 11th 04, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian McMillan

Marky wrote in message

[...]

I'll probably migrate over to your 1Mb offer when my 1Mb at 28.95 with
Pipex ends!

Now does anyone have any information on how good completion is on Plusnet's
news server, how many threads you can keep open, and what speeds are like?

Cheers,
Ian

Old May 11th 04, 06:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Ian McMillan wrote:
Marky wrote in message

Cheers

Your Post has made my mind up I'm coming to Plusnet next month.

I'd migrate from Pipex if they didn't charge the ?58.75 activation fee :-/

They are offering transfer in free at the moment, though I'm unsure
if this is only to the 149.9 1G capped account.
Or if you could upgrade from this account immediately.