Trouble with my BB of late

Old May 10th 04, 08:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
thedeerhunter270

Default Trouble with my BB of late

I've been having a bit of trouble with my BB of late.

I've got quite an old BT line into my house, which has overtime suffered
from intermittent line noise… The problem is when its noisy the BB seems
to lose sync with the exchange.

I've had BT out today to test the line; they say its ok, although they did
put a new junction box in. Later this afternoon my BB went off again,
this time I phoned my ISP. They did help a bit, but at the end of the day,
its, I'm fairly sure line noise that's the problem….

I phoned BT fault reporting this evening, but the earliest they can get an
engineer to me is Friday. My BB seems to be back at the moment, but it may
go off at any time.

I wish I knew what to do?

Rob
Old May 11th 04, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

thedeerhunter270 wrote:
I've been having a bit of trouble with my BB of late.

I've got quite an old BT line into my house, which has overtime
suffered from intermittent line noise. The problem is when its
noisy the BB seems to lose sync with the exchange.

I've had BT out today to test the line; they say its ok, although
they did put a new junction box in. Later this afternoon my BB
went off again, this time I phoned my ISP. They did help a bit,
but at the end of the day, its, I'm fairly sure line noise that's
the problem..

I phoned BT fault reporting this evening, but the earliest they can
get an engineer to me is Friday. My BB seems to be back at the
moment, but it may go off at any time.

I wish I knew what to do?

Rob

You are doing it, the line noise is enough to cause you problems &
unfortunately noise faults, if they are testing ok, are some f the hardest
faults to locate.

Stick with it....