Update 2 - Got 1mb

Old May 11th 04, 07:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Default Update 2 - Got 1mb

Finally got it, after what seemed a lifetime lol. Upgraded at about 6am this
morning I reckon. Not wowing me like when I first got ADSL and now need more
speed! When's BT releasing 2mb home?

Dan

Old May 11th 04, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Gibson

"Dan" wrote in message
Finally got it, after what seemed a lifetime lol. Upgraded at about 6am

this
morning I reckon. Not wowing me like when I first got ADSL and now need

more
speed! When's BT releasing 2mb home?

Dan

PlusNet do a Homeworker Pro 2Mbps which is based on the BT IPStream Office
2000 for 65.99/month.
You probably need to have less than 1500m cable run from the exchange to
get it though, like me ;-))))

Dave

Old May 11th 04, 09:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven Campbell

"Dave Gibson" wrote in message
news

"Dan" wrote in message
Finally got it, after what seemed a lifetime lol. Upgraded at about 6am

this
morning I reckon. Not wowing me like when I first got ADSL and now need

more
speed! When's BT releasing 2mb home?

Dan

PlusNet do a Homeworker Pro 2Mbps which is based on the BT IPStream Office
2000 for 65.99/month.
You probably need to have less than 1500m cable run from the exchange to
get it though, like me ;-))))

I always thought if you could get 1Mb then you were also able to get 2Mb.

Old May 11th 04, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Steven Campbell" wrote in message
I always thought if you could get 1Mb then you were also able to get 2Mb.

You are right - that is the current situation as the line tests for both
speeds are currently identical

Regards
Sunil

Old May 11th 04, 09:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Gibson

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message

"Steven Campbell" wrote in message
I always thought if you could get 1Mb then you were also able to get

2Mb.

You are right - that is the current situation as the line tests for both
speeds are currently identical

Regards
Sunil

Sounds strange to me , but true.
Surely by effectively doing a 2Mbps test for a 1Mbps line BT are eliminating
a lot of potential customers for the 1Mbps product?

Dave

Old May 11th 04, 09:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Dave Gibson" wrote in message
Surely by effectively doing a 2Mbps test for a 1Mbps line BT are

eliminating
a lot of potential customers for the 1Mbps product?

BT are looking at changing this in the future.. - after they have finished
their current trial extending the limits for the 512K service..

When BT first launched ADSL, the 512K line test was also the same as the
current 1MB/2MB line test..

Regards
Sunil

Old May 11th 04, 10:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fred bloggs

"Dan" wrote in message
Finally got it, after what seemed a lifetime lol. Upgraded at about 6am

this
morning I reckon. Not wowing me like when I first got ADSL and now need

more
speed! When's BT releasing 2mb home?

Dan

PlusNet do a Homeworker Pro 2Mbps which is based on the BT IPStream Office
2000 for 65.99/month.
You probably need to have less than 1500m cable run from the exchange to
get it though, like me ;-))))

Dave

Hi Dave

Yes I am on the Plus 2M bps Homeworker package and very pleased with it. I
upgraded from BT 512 so had to do a complete service cease - a looooong
saga.

Anyway, the BT chap who did the line loss check told me that the check is
the same for both 1M and 2M, basically a max of 41dB loss.

Cheers, Mike