Plusnet.con

Old May 11th 04, 08:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

Default Plusnet.con

Hi all,

Sorry for my rant earlier. I had just got in from work and it's really humid
today. I have reveiwed the situation and your right...it's not that bad.

The connection is working fine which I suppose is the main thing and 10 per
month cheaper than NTL is good, although the connection cost of 127 will
wipe out any discounts in my first year.

So I am gonna get myself the correct modem and then send this one back,
providing Plusnet will take it back. Meggahurtz has provided a link to the
following modem:

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=57418.

Anyone know if this would be ok or should I pay more and get a more high
spec one?

Old May 11th 04, 08:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Tue, 11 May 2004 19:36:31 +0100, Gareth :-) voom wrote:

Hi all,

Sorry for my rant earlier. I had just got in from work and it's really
humid
today. I have reveiwed the situation and your right...it's not that bad.

The connection is working fine which I suppose is the main thing and 10
per
month cheaper than NTL is good, although the connection cost of 127 will
wipe out any discounts in my first year.

So I am gonna get myself the correct modem and then send this one back,
providing Plusnet will take it back. Meggahurtz has provided a link to
the
following modem:

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=57418.

Anyone know if this would be ok or should I pay more and get a more high
spec one?

Hi Gareth,

There shouldn't be a problem returning the hardware, either give the
support team a call or raise a ticket starting your reasons for returning
it and we'll generate you an RMA number (which is a reference number our
warehouse need to be able to reurn the modem).

--
Regards,

Old May 11th 04, 09:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fred bloggs

"Gareth :-) voom" wrote in message
Hi all,

Sorry for my rant earlier. I had just got in from work and it's really

humid
today. I have reveiwed the situation and your right...it's not that bad.

The connection is working fine which I suppose is the main thing and 10

per
month cheaper than NTL is good, although the connection cost of 127 will
wipe out any discounts in my first year.

So I am gonna get myself the correct modem and then send this one back,
providing Plusnet will take it back. Meggahurtz has provided a link to the
following modem:

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=57418.

Anyone know if this would be ok or should I pay more and get a more high
spec one?

Hi Gareth,
Looking at the comments from other buyers, it seems to be a good deal but I
have not looked at the detailed specification. Some of the comments are
from BTOpenwoe customers, so it should be compatible with BT's network.

I assume from your original post that your current wireless router has some
form of firewall in it, which is mandatory for ADSL in my view along with a
good antivirus package. Depending upon your technical skills, I would try
and get it working directly with a single PC on the Ethernet port first, and
then progress to connecting the modem to your existing router.

Hope all goes well, Mike