Tiscali 256K

Old May 11th 04, 10:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

Default Tiscali 256K

Does anyone have any experience of either this package or tiscali in
general? I was a customer a few years ago (moved over from LibertySurf) and
they seemed OK.

Otherwise does anyone have any other (cheap) suggestions?

Old May 11th 04, 10:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Reboot

"Paul" wrote in message
Does anyone have any experience of either this package or tiscali in
general? I was a customer a few years ago (moved over from LibertySurf)

and
they seemed OK.

Otherwise does anyone have any other (cheap) suggestions?

Taken from adslguide-

Growing rise of complaints from Tiscali customers
Tiscali is a service provider that is growing rapidly due to TV advertising,
and various other marketing activities. Unfortunately we are seeing a
growing number of problems from users of the service.
The problems are varied but commonly include quality of support advice, poor
speeds, problems cancelling service etc. The problem is not confined to just
ADSLguide visitors, Mark Jackson of www.ISPReview.co.uk has also noticed the
increase.
We have being quietly collecting emails from users of the service for a
couple of weeks now, mainly those wishing to cancel, and who have tried the
official channels with little or no success. We are in contact with Tiscali,
and where users want us to we will pass details on, so that hopefully
cancellations will get processed.
Tiscali customers are free to use our BBS section here to discuss their
problems, and share possible solutions. If you would like us to try and help
with a cancellation, email and be sure to put
TISCALI in the subject line, we cannot guarantee anything, but we can try,
and the emails allow us to assess the overall size of the problem.
We will be coming back to look more closely at the issues revolving around
Tiscali, and hopefully will be able to publish their responses to the
issues.

Old May 11th 04, 10:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

Ok, i think i get the idea!

Any other suggestions?

Old May 11th 04, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Reboot

Ok, i think i get the idea!

Any other suggestions?

How much do you want to pay per month and what do you plan on doing with
your connection?

Old May 12th 04, 03:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

PlusNet gets lot of recommendations here, they are reliable, responsive, won
awards and just about the cheapest BB available.
You can get 512k from £14.99 (with 1gb p/month limit), of for £18.99 without
P2P and binaries, but no download limit.
Unrestricted 512k is £21.99.
(They also re-sell Tiscali's 150k and 256k service, but I wouldn't recommend
that).
If you go with them please use my 'jerryw' id as a referrer and save me few
pence, thanks,
regards,
Martin

Old May 12th 04, 01:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

Bob wrote:

:Otherwise does anyone have any other (cheap) suggestions?
:
: I have noticed that some recommendations on here (particularily
: Plusnet) ask you to use their referal to save them some money, so I
: wouldn't trust them.

AFAIK, the 2 cheapest PlusNet services (the £18.99 and the new £14.99 one)
don't do this.
Old May 12th 04, 06:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hugh

Try looking at the Tiscali forum on adslguide.org
Tiscali MAY be getting better but I learnt the hard way. They cost me a lot
of money and a lot of grief.
Sorry can't help you with any cheap connections.

Old May 13th 04, 02:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

: I have noticed that some recommendations on here (particularily
: Plusnet) ask you to use their referal to save them some money, so I
: wouldn't trust them.

The saving is very small e.g. 25p p/m and only applies to the std. 512k or
better accounts.
If the PlusNet service wasn't excellent I / we wouldn't be on it, hence
wouldn't be recommending it.
Personally I have 'saved' anything yet anyway.
Regards,
Martin

Old May 15th 04, 01:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Martin? wrote:
PlusNet gets lot of recommendations here, they are reliable, responsive, won
awards and just about the cheapest BB available.
You can get 512k from ?14.99 (with 1gb p/month limit), of for ?18.99 without
P2P and binaries, but no download limit.
Unrestricted 512k is ?21.99.
(They also re-sell Tiscali's 150k and 256k service, but I wouldn't recommend
that).

I believe that this is not available to new users.