North Wales, CH5 4** postcodes? read this

Old May 11th 04, 11:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Christopher Thomas

Default North Wales, CH5 4** postcodes? read this

Hi guys,

okay, it's come to my attention that it's now possible for people who
can't get broadband through BT to get it another way, there is a company
who are in the CH5 4** area who are touting this wireless broadband.
From what I gather, they enter our area and put a fibre optic cable
down, then they make an access point and sell the equipment to other
people in this area. It's around 20/month for 256/128 speed connection
and there are no wires involved.

In the CH5 4** area (if you're postcode resembles that) and you can't
broadband, SIGN UP FOR THIS SERVICE NOW!

we need around 20 signatures to get the service in this area, if we dont
get it, surely you wont have lost anything.

This is your big chance, me and a friend are there already, thats the
two original votes.

But cmon, wireless broadband up to 1Mbit speeds for around 40/month is
a good idea and something you should be interested in!

please sign up, take the chance, bite the bullet!

here is the website!

http://www.iapbb.net/reg/index.php

have a wonderful day!

Christopher Thomas
Old May 12th 04, 12:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Tue, 11 May 2004 22:30:54 +0100, Christopher Thomas
wrote:

Hi guys,

okay, it's come to my attention that it's now possible for people who
can't get broadband through BT to get it another way, there is a company
who are in the CH5 4** area who are touting this wireless broadband.
From what I gather, they enter our area and put a fibre optic cable
down, then they make an access point and sell the equipment to other
people in this area. It's around 20/month for 256/128 speed connection
and there are no wires involved.

You might want to see if they can be beaten down on price -
Netvigator.co.uk in the Thames Valley area now doing 512K wireless BB
for 18/month. This uses a licensed wireless frequency and the same
company bought the franchise for the entire UK.

Old May 12th 04, 12:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Christopher Thomas

wrote:

Hi guys,

okay, it's come to my attention that it's now possible for people who
can't get broadband through BT to get it another way, there is a company
who are in the CH5 4** area who are touting this wireless broadband.
From what I gather, they enter our area and put a fibre optic cable
down, then they make an access point and sell the equipment to other
people in this area. It's around 20/month for 256/128 speed connection
and there are no wires involved.

You might want to see if they can be beaten down on price -
Netvigator.co.uk in the Thames Valley area now doing 512K wireless BB
for 18/month. This uses a licensed wireless frequency and the same
company bought the franchise for the entire UK.

cheers mate! I'll look into that!

Christopher Thomas
Old May 12th 04, 02:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Christopher Thomas" wrote in message
okay, it's come to my attention that it's now possible for people who
can't get broadband through BT to get it another way, there is a company
who are in the CH5 4** area who are touting this wireless broadband.
From what I gather, they enter our area and put a fibre optic cable
down, then they make an access point and sell the equipment to other
people in this area. It's around 20/month for 256/128 speed connection
and there are no wires involved.

In the CH5 4** area (if you're postcode resembles that) and you can't
broadband, SIGN UP FOR THIS SERVICE NOW!

Can you not get ADSL as:

a) BT have not yet enabled your exchange
or
b) you live to far from your already enabled exchange?

If a) - then BT have announced that virtually* all exchanges will be enabled
by the end of 2005.. exact dates to be announced in a couple of months.

If b) BT are currently trialling a solution in Milton Keynes which will mean
lines that were unable to support the 512K service should be all too within
a few months.

Then of course, there is the http://www.netvigator.co.uk/ service that Mark
mentioned, that launched last week.

Regards
Sunil

Old May 12th 04, 03:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Christopher Thomas

Sunil Sood wrote:

"Christopher Thomas" wrote in message

okay, it's come to my attention that it's now possible for people who
can't get broadband through BT to get it another way, there is a company
who are in the CH5 4** area who are touting this wireless broadband.
From what I gather, they enter our area and put a fibre optic cable
[...]

Yeah, my exchange is enabled and we are already enabled for extended
reach too, I think it's something to do with the cabling, it's just not
compatible with ADSL. Basically we are isolated and unable to receive
it. Perhaps BT can do something about it in 6 months, but what about
the meantime, basically all we can do is look for alternatives. I know
that IAPBB site that I showed are moving into this area, so there is no
need to ask them to move up here, so I dont think I will go with the
netvigator since it's not available around here yet and I think IAP BB
are more advanced in the deployment stage.

So basically, who is with me? anyone from the north wales area with that
postcode and can't get BB want to get in on the act?

Christopher Thomas
Old May 12th 04, 04:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Christopher Thomas" wrote in message
Yeah, my exchange is enabled and we are already enabled for extended
reach too, I think it's something to do with the cabling, it's just not
compatible with ADSL. Basically we are isolated and unable to receive
it. Perhaps BT can do something about it in 6 months, but what about
the meantime, basically all we can do is look for alternatives.

Good luck alternatives.. - you may need it, especially as your exchange
is already enabled and around 97% (on average) of the people on your
exchange can get ADSL already - especially if its only for 6 months or so.

On the BT side - all ADSL exchanges have "extended reach" as the line limits
are standard nationally and BT are trialling extending this further from the
1st June.

The trial is in Milton Keynes - details are at http://www.bb4mk.org/bttrial/
and the official BT Press Release is at
http://www.btplc.com/News/Pressrelea...004/nr0421.htm