No answer from Virgin net and no sense from BT :-(

Old May 12th 04, 05:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keef

Default No answer from Virgin net and no sense from BT :-(

I've recently been advised by Virgin net :-

" Thank you for applying for Virgin.net Broadband. Unfortunately, despite
passing the first set of checks, for technical reasons you are currently
unable to receive broadband. We have received the following information
from BT:

there are incompatible rented products on the line"

No answer to the published email address a virgin and I can't get any sense
out of BT :-(

Anyone point me in the right direction for a "translation tool"? :-)

TIA - Keef
--
Dartford Kent UK
Email

Old May 12th 04, 06:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woof

On Wed, 12 May 2004 16:55:50 +0100, "Keef"
wrote:

there are incompatible rented products on the line"

No answer to the published email address a virgin and I can't get any sense
out of BT :-(

Anyone point me in the right direction for a "translation tool"? :-)

http://www.charitydays.net/support/a...rejected.shtml

Best bet is just to call 150 and ask!
Old May 12th 04, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keef

http://www.charitydays.net/support/a...rejected.shtml

Thanks, taking a look now.

Best bet is just to call 150 and ask!

I did that, 7.5 mins wait and then they insisted I had the wrong account
no.! :-(

Cheers - Keef

Old May 12th 04, 06:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keef

http://www.charitydays.net/support/a...rejected.shtml

Caller Display Unit - CD50 & CD1500

Looks most likely. Is this a unit my end or BT's. All I have is a BT quartet
3100 and a Binatone MD 1500.

Ta - Keef

Old May 12th 04, 07:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Woof

On Wed, 12 May 2004 17:35:54 +0100, "Keef"
wrote:

http://www.charitydays.net/support/a...rejected.shtml

Caller Display Unit - CD50 & CD1500

Looks most likely. Is this a unit my end or BT's. All I have is a BT quartet
3100 and a Binatone MD 1500.

From that site:
"Not a service but a device used to display the telephone number of
incoming calls. Possibly other Caller Display Units are also
incompatible, BT are still investigating.
Solution: Removal of unit followed by re-application or install a new
telephone line on which to re-apply for Broadband ADSL"

So it's probably your phones which are causing the problem. The
Caller ID service itself is supported on DSL lines.

You can always contact Binatone to see if there is a known issue with
their phone. http://www.binatonetelecom.com/
Old May 12th 04, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keef

From that site:
"Not a service but a device used to display the telephone number of
incoming calls. Possibly other Caller Display Units are also
incompatible, BT are still investigating.

Yep, read that but wasn't sure if the "device" was at my end or BT's.

Solution: Removal of unit followed by re-application or install a new
telephone line on which to re-apply for Broadband ADSL"

Installing a second line isn't exactly a cheap option and I have enough
hassle with one BT line without giving them a second lot of rental :-(

So it's probably your phones which are causing the problem. The

Problem is which one?

Caller ID service itself is supported on DSL lines.

I thought it was.

You can always contact Binatone to see if there is a known issue with
their phone. http://www.binatonetelecom.com/

Thanks, I'll do that.

Regards - Keef

Old May 12th 04, 11:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

I've recently been advised by Virgin net :-

" Thank you for applying for Virgin.net Broadband. Unfortunately, despite
passing the first set of checks, for technical reasons you are currently
unable to receive broadband. We have received the following information
from BT:

there are incompatible rented products on the line"

No answer to the published email address a virgin and I can't get any

sense
out of BT :-(

Anyone point me in the right direction for a "translation tool"? :-)

Redcare maybe?

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old May 13th 04, 02:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mark eldon

This normally happens if you have call waiting on the line

(with the annoying "the caller knows you are waiting" message)