terayon modem question

Old May 12th 04, 09:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NDS Ltd

Default terayon modem question

hi,

i have a brown terayon cable modem

i want to log in to it and have a nose around.

i can telnet it and it says 'warning, strictly no unauthorised access' and
prompts me for a username and password..

does anyone know if there is a standard username and pass? i bought it from
NTL:

thanks

sean

--
Sean Browne
NDS Ltd / Connections

Old May 13th 04, 12:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Wed, 12 May 2004 20:28:15 +0100, "NDS Ltd"
wrote:

i can telnet it and it says 'warning, strictly no unauthorised access' and
prompts me for a username and password..

Not sure about terayon ones but the ambit ones are root, root, or
sometimes admin, admin. You could try that. All you are likely to see
is the config page and if you mess with it the modem will likely stop
working.

does anyone know if there is a standard username and pass? i bought it from
NTL:

that must have been a time ago - they don't sell modems any more, just
rent them out.