Blueyonder Broadband Prices

Old May 12th 04, 10:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Deag

Default Blueyonder Broadband Prices

I have Blueyonder TV only, no phone and no broadband. The BY site seems to
suggest that the cost of the broadband 512mb service is 25 if you have
another service and 27.99 if you don't. I thought I remembered that you had
to have a phone line to get the lower price.

I would be interested at the lower price bit am not paying 3 more just
because I do not have their expensive phone service.

I appreciate that those who have had the service for a while without a phone
may be paying the lower figure as this was a change in the last 18 months I
think.

Can anyone help?

Old May 13th 04, 01:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dd

"Deag" wrote in message

I have Blueyonder TV only, no phone and no broadband. The
BY site seems to suggest that the cost of the broadband
512mb service is 25 if you have another service and
27.99 if you don't. I thought I remembered that you had
to have a phone line to get the lower price.

I would be interested at the lower price bit am not
paying 3 more just because I do not have their expensive
phone service.

I appreciate that those who have had the service for a
while without a phone may be paying the lower figure as
this was a change in the last 18 months I think.

Can anyone help?

I'm pretty sure they changed this recently. Might be worth phoning them to
confirm.

Old May 13th 04, 03:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul G

"dd" wrote in message
et...
"Deag" wrote in message

I have Blueyonder TV only, no phone and no broadband. The
BY site seems to suggest that the cost of the broadband
512mb service is 25 if you have another service and
27.99 if you don't. I thought I remembered that you had
to have a phone line to get the lower price.

I would be interested at the lower price bit am not
paying 3 more just because I do not have their expensive
phone service.

I appreciate that those who have had the service for a
while without a phone may be paying the lower figure as
this was a change in the last 18 months I think.

Can anyone help?

I'm pretty sure they changed this recently. Might be worth phoning them to
confirm.

The 3 difference is the new pricing structure, it used to be 25 with
another BY service and 30 without.

It should be noted that BY are currently in the process of adding 50% to the
speed on most of their broadband packages. The 512k package is now 768k
(still 128k upstream), the 1MB is now 1.5MB(still 256k up) and the 2MB is
now 3MB (still 256k up). Details are at
http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyond...age=bbs_faster

Paul

Old May 13th 04, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Deag

I have Blueyonder TV only, no phone and no broadband. The
BY site seems to suggest that the cost of the broadband
512mb service is 25 if you have another service and
27.99 if you don't. I thought I remembered that you had
to have a phone line to get the lower price.

I would be interested at the lower price bit am not
paying 3 more just because I do not have their expensive
phone service.

I appreciate that those who have had the service for a
while without a phone may be paying the lower figure as
this was a change in the last 18 months I think.

Can anyone help?

I'm pretty sure they changed this recently. Might be worth phoning them

confirm.

The 3 difference is the new pricing structure, it used to be 25 with
another BY service and 30 without.

snip
Paul

I am trying to find out whether the surcharge is for not having another
service or not having a phone line.

Deag

Old May 13th 04, 07:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dd

I am trying to find out whether the surcharge is for not
having another service or not having a phone line.

Deag

As I said, it used to be that you had to have a telewest phoneline to get the
reduced broadband subsctiption. But now im pretty sure that it applies to people
with any service so people with just TV get it too.

Have you tried asking telewest blueyonder sales? Surely it'd be quicker and
easier than waiting days for a sensible response on here :-P

Old May 13th 04, 07:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geo

On Wed, 12 May 2004 21:25:29 +0100, "Deag" wrote:

I have Blueyonder TV only, no phone and no broadband. The BY site seems to
suggest that the cost of the broadband 512mb service is 25 if you have
another service and 27.99 if you don't. I thought I remembered that you had
to have a phone line to get the lower price.

AFAIK you /HAVE/ to have their phone as well if you want their television these
days - but certainly if you have "another" service you should qualify...

Geo