weird!

Old May 13th 04, 07:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dill

Default weird!

When using OE, it suddenly slows right down, almost to a stop and my machine
starts "clicking". It goes back to normal when the clicking stops. At first
I thought it was my power surge protector kicking in but I disconnected
that. there are no lights flashing on the machine when it happens and the
internet connection (ADSL through a router) is maintained.
OE is XP, AMD Ath 2000, 160G HDD, 512 RAM.
Anyone any ideas?

Old May 13th 04, 08:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alien Zord

"Dill" [email protected] THISlycos.co.uk wrote in message
When using OE, it suddenly slows right down, almost to a stop and my

machine
starts "clicking". It goes back to normal when the clicking stops. At

first
I thought it was my power surge protector kicking in but I disconnected
that. there are no lights flashing on the machine when it happens and the
internet connection (ADSL through a router) is maintained.
OE is XP, AMD Ath 2000, 160G HDD, 512 RAM.
Anyone any ideas?

Possibly corrupted OE store folder. Select "Local Folders" in Folders bar,
click File Folder Compact All Folders.

Old May 13th 04, 08:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

On Thu, 13 May 2004 06:27:35 +0100, "Dill" [email protected]
THISlycos.co.uk wrote:

When using OE, it suddenly slows right down, almost to a stop and my machine
starts "clicking". It goes back to normal when the clicking stops. At first
I thought it was my power surge protector kicking in but I disconnected
that. there are no lights flashing on the machine when it happens and the
internet connection (ADSL through a router) is maintained.
OE is XP, AMD Ath 2000, 160G HDD, 512 RAM.
Anyone any ideas?

Yep, post to or search one of the microsoft.public.... newsgroups. I
saw someone else report something similar a few weeks ago.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker