Virgin.net - cancelling woes

Old May 13th 04, 08:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Terry Eden

Default Virgin.net - cancelling woes

Rang up at the begining of the month to cancel, I asked for written
confirmation and/or an email confirmation. The bloke at the end of the line
was adamant that he couldn't and wouldn't do either.

Having heard about cancelation problems with Virgin, I sent an email to
their billing address asking for confirmation that I had been cancelled.
The reply I got back stated that they had no record of me ever ringing up to
cancel and that they'd been trying to phone me but my telelphone number was
wrong (yeah, the same telephone number that I use to get broadband is
"wrong".... right...)

So I rang up again, got my cancellation backdated and managed to get an
email confirmation. I'm also telling my credit-card company not to
authorise any more payments from them.

So, if you're cancelling your Virgin.net broadband service - ring them up
twice to check that the muppets have actually done what they're meant to!

Terry

small disclaimer - speaking for myself, not my employer.

Old May 13th 04, 09:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Frank Spencer

In message , Terry Eden
writes

--

Are you by any chance the Terry Eden who worked for Tibbies?

--
Frank
Old May 15th 04, 09:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Terry Eden

Default OT Virgin.net - cancelling woes

Frank Spencer wrote:
Are you by any chance the Terry Eden who worked for Tibbies?

Who wants to know?

My Spam-drop address is oooooo0000000 AT yahoo DOT com DOT au - don't forget
the AU at the end

Terry

Old May 20th 04, 12:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Woodsford

No need to phone to cancel, just change your package from Broadband to PAYG.

--
Paul Woodsford
Remove ****NOSPAMPLEASE**** to Reply
:
[...]
: --
: --
: small disclaimer - speaking for myself, not my employer.
:
:

---