Modem Router - General Question

Old May 13th 04, 09:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

Default Modem Router - General Question

Hello,

Has anyone found that a modem/router, such as the Draytek 2600, simply
won't work for a particulary ISP. I ask because a number of friends
have ask me to replace their "free", usually USB connected, modem with
a router modem so that addoitional items can use the Broadband
connection over a CAT5e network.

What immediately springs to mind as a problem ISP is our old friend
AOL but are the other troublesome ISPs to contend with?

As the work will be a freebie I don't want to attempt the impossible!

Appreciate any feedback from a reader to this group.

David Bradley
Old May 13th 04, 10:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Perkin

David Bradley wrote in
:

Has anyone found that a modem/router, such as the Draytek 2600,
simply won't work for a particulary ISP. I ask because a number
of friends have ask me to replace their "free", usually USB
connected, modem with a router modem so that addoitional items can
use the Broadband connection over a CAT5e network.

No, they all seem to work fine in my experience
Unless of course someone knows better

Hope this helps

--

Richard Perkin
To email me, change the AT in the address below

is. If you don't, it's its. Then too, it's hers. It isn't her's.
It isn't our's either. It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.