Wireless PC and Mac netowrk

Old May 13th 04, 04:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MRickardUK

Default Wireless PC and Mac netowrk

Hi

My excahnge is finally about to be activated and I would like to set up a
wireless network with my G4 imac as the main machine with 2 PC laptops sharing
the connection.

Does anyone have any advice as to the best equipment and or ISP to set this up
with?

Many thanks
Old May 13th 04, 05:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

I use Nildram (www.nildram.net) as my ISP and a speedtouch 510
modem/router/4-port switch/FW combination
(http://www.dslsource.co.uk/product_d...?idProduct=87).

Very happy with this so far as the router is very configurable and you get
lots of email storage and web space as part of the dsl500 (22.54 +VAT)
package. 1-254 static IPs available for a small amount extra per month.

Nildram rates high on http://adslguide.org.uk/ by its own users. You can
also do a speedtest on your current connection here.

I don't imagine there's much issue with connecting both Mac and PC to the
same, so long as they all have ethernet cards you should be laughing.

MGS

Old May 13th 04, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"MRickardUK" wrote in message
Hi

My excahnge is finally about to be activated and I would like to set up a
wireless network with my G4 imac as the main machine with 2 PC laptops

sharing
the connection.

Does anyone have any advice as to the best equipment and or ISP to set

this up
with?

Many thanks

Why not go for an Airport extreme base station ?
http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...?ProductID=457 a bit
expensive but lots of features.

Old May 13th 04, 06:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Hurrell

"MRickardUK" wrote in message
Hi

My excahnge is finally about to be activated and I would like to set up a
wireless network with my G4 imac as the main machine with 2 PC laptops

sharing
the connection.

Does anyone have any advice as to the best equipment and or ISP to set

this up
with?

Many thanks

I use Nildram plus a Draytek Vigor 2600 adsl modem/router which my I-Mac and
PC laptop both plug into... no problems whatsoever. V. easy to setup and
use.

I should imagine you'd be fine with most ISPs and most routers that have
more than one RJ45 port...

If you want to go wireless as you suggest, then there's not much more to
it.. Make sure both mac and pc are wireless enabled and then get a wireless
adsl modem/router. Lots about...

James