Bulldog to offer up to 2MB speeds at 24.99...

Old May 13th 04, 06:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

Default Bulldog to offer up to 2MB speeds at 24.99...

----
The Bulldog PrimeTime 2000 promotion will see the product drop from 32.99
per month (inc VAT) to 24.99 (inc VAT), and PrimeTime 1000 will drop from
24.99 to 19.99 per month (inc VAT). These two PrimeTime products use a
'time of day' feature, whereby during office hours, the connection runs at a
maximum of 0.5Mbps, but outside these hours, the maximum speed is 2Mbps or
1Mbps respectively.

The two products are available on Bulldog's LLU and Datastream enabled
exchanges... (around 600 exchanges in total)
----

The above is from http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=1679

If anyone does decide to use Bulldog would you mind quoting my referral code
when signing up - just quote "bdol 87431" when signing up online (under "How
did
you hear about Bulldog?/Referred by a Friend") or by telephone.

Regards
Sunil

Old May 13th 04, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message
----
The Bulldog PrimeTime 2000 promotion will see the product drop from 32.99
per month (inc VAT) to 24.99 (inc VAT), and PrimeTime 1000 will drop from
24.99 to 19.99 per month (inc VAT). These two PrimeTime products use a
'time of day' feature, whereby during office hours, the connection runs at

maximum of 0.5Mbps, but outside these hours, the maximum speed is 2Mbps or
1Mbps respectively.

The two products are available on Bulldog's LLU and Datastream enabled
exchanges... (around 600 exchanges in total)

Sunil,

do you know if they have a list of these 600 exchanges anywhere, and maybe a
roll-out plan for other exchanges?

Jc.

Old May 13th 04, 08:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Josey" wrote in message
do you know if they have a list of these 600 exchanges anywhere, and maybe

roll-out plan for other exchanges?

There used to be a list but its out of date now as Bulldog added more
exchanges..

The best thing to do is input your number on http://www.bulldogdsl.com/ and
see if it says you are on their LLU network (the 35 Central London
exchanges) or their "extended" one (the other 600 odd) where they also offer
the above Primetime tariffs.

If it tells you,you are on their "national network" you can't currently get
the Primetime service..

If this is the case, at the moment, you can always "register" your interest
(https://secure.bulldogdsl.com/shop/pre-register.asp) with
Bulldog - it helps them decide on which exchanges to offer Primetime
services to next..

Regards
Sunil

Old May 14th 04, 02:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Baz

One day, Bulldog's reliability/performance will match it's marketing hype.
Then, they will truly have a wonderful product.

Until then, I urge people to visit
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist...&Board=bulldog and have a read
through, before considering joining.
Some exchanges are better than others.

Baz - PrimeTime 2000, who wishes he could get 'up to' 1Mbit on his PrimeTime
2000. And wonders where the four-fold increase in latency of an evening
comes from. As far as the packet-loss......

Old May 14th 04, 02:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Baz

"Baz" wrote in message ...
One day, Bulldog's reliability/performance will match it's marketing hype.
Then, they will truly have a wonderful product.

Until then, I urge people to visit
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist...&Board=bulldog and have a

read
through, before considering joining.
Some exchanges are better than others.

Baz - PrimeTime 2000, who wishes he could get 'up to' 1Mbit on his

PrimeTime
2000. And wonders where the four-fold increase in latency of an evening
comes from. As far as the packet-loss......

Hit 'send' too quickly there.
Was going to back up my 'parting' shot with this:
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/sp...d527b031826080
Tested: Friday 13 May 01:07
Down 928Kbps (actual)
Up 262Kbps (actual)
(Note: Connection being used for nothing other than a PingPlotter session,
and 1 IRC session.)

Now running PingPlotter to constantly monitor latency between myself and
Sony's gaming network (I'm an avid gamer, and beta trialist for online PS2
games).

Latency to nad-diag.online.scee.com is around 11-20ms during the day.
By 6pm, it'll go up slightly. Not so you'd notice it.
By 7pm, it's like a switch has been flicked on - BANG! 60-80ms
Where it stays until midnight-1am.

Some may think that 60-80ms is fine. Of course, it's a nice low figure. But,
why the four-fold decrease in performance?

Of course, it's the 10-40% packet loss that comes with it, that's what I
mind the most.
Also, whilst my downstream seems to hang consistantly around
800Kbps-1000Kbps (not good for an 'up to 2Mbit' service), my upstream chokes
at 100-120Kbps. Not enough for my online gaming needs. So I get booted from
the servers. That is when I don't leave of my own accord because the 'lag'
is so bad.

Baz

Old May 14th 04, 04:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Baz" wrote in message ...
One day, Bulldog's reliability/performance will match it's marketing hype.
Then, they will truly have a wonderful product.

For the vast majority of customers, its fine..

Sorry to hear, they haven't managed to resolve your problem though -
Colindale exchnage, isn't it ?

Do you know if they have tried to increase the bandwidth at your exchange
yet?

If they have and it hasn't made a difference, they can try "rebuilding your
profile" and/or just PM Claudio is you haven't asking for assistance...
and/or Kevin Norcott...

Lets hope their upgrade this weekend (referred to at
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthre...Number=1221464)
and BT fixing its equipment on one of its central pipes this weekend will
help...

Regards
Sunil