Anyone with a Linksys WAG54G and latest firmware?

Old May 13th 04, 06:51 PM posted to alt.internet.wireless,uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Pandy

Default Anyone with a Linksys WAG54G and latest firmware?

By latest I mean 1.01.7 ...

When I bought my WAG54G I had firmware 1.01.5 - I may be going back to it if
someone can confirm what I've seen with the latest firmware...

Basically I had setup port forwarding to allow traffic through (TCP) on a
particular port to a particular IP address in my internal network.

I set this up as per normal from the router's web interface and I can
confirm that sites like GRC.COM do show that this particular port is open
but when I try to use the application I need going through that port
(terminal services) it doesn't work. I guess if a port is open I should also
be able to use simple things like telnet to confirm if its working or not?
When I try telnet through this particular port it also doesn't work.

The fact is it used to work and I can't remember if it stopped working after
firmware 1.01.7 was put on.

I also use things like bittorrent and this doesn't seem to have stopped
working although how can I tell with bittorrent? (my rates seem ok and that
I thought was increased if you open up the relevant ports ie. 6881-6889)

Andy

Old May 15th 04, 11:55 AM posted to alt.internet.wireless,uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Kagifret

Me too, exactly the same port forwarding behaviour with 1.01.7.
Working fine again when reverting back to 1.01.5

There is also a report he
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/rema...6880~mode=flat in the post
from 2004-05-11

Old May 15th 04, 02:05 PM posted to alt.internet.wireless,uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
THe NuTTeR

I have a WAG54G which came with a later firmware than was available for
download (or i misunderstood the numbering) and I have a couple of
issues with trying to run it with NAT turned off (ie as a proper router
and not a NAT translator) msn would still use uPNP to forward ports from
the router even tho I have global IP addresses on the LAN.
Not at home at the moment, so can't tell you the version number of the
firmware I use. Will try to let you know tho.
George

om...

Old May 16th 04, 09:36 AM posted to alt.internet.wireless,uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Kagifret

Are you sure you already have disabled UPNP on the WAG54G ? I believe
MSN messenger will only make use of UPNP if it finds a UPNP capable
device on the local network.
Probably this could also be WinXP or Windows 2003 box running the UPNP
service.