Can anyone recommend a combined wireless router/DSL modem?

Old May 13th 04, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Winton

Default Can anyone recommend a combined wireless router/DSL modem?

Hi all -

I've already got a broadband connection but currently I'm using the USB
DSL modem supplied by my ISP. I'd like to set up Wi-Fi and get rid of
all those nasty leads, I understand I'll need an ethernet modem and a
wireless router to do this. I've heard there are all-in-one products
available but I've yet to find any. Anyone got any recommendations?

Many thanks,
Steve

Old May 13th 04, 07:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Piers James

D-Link DSL-G604T is one such product, that goves 54mbps wireless access

http://www.dlink.co.uk/pages/products/dsl_g604t.asp

There are others from other manufacturers, and I am sure people will post
suggestions.

Don't use this myself, but I do use a D-Link ethernet modem and separate
wireless router.

HTH

Old May 13th 04, 07:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"Steve Winton" wrote in message
Hi all -

I've already got a broadband connection but currently I'm using the USB
DSL modem supplied by my ISP. I'd like to set up Wi-Fi and get rid of
all those nasty leads, I understand I'll need an ethernet modem and a
wireless router to do this. I've heard there are all-in-one products
available but I've yet to find any. Anyone got any recommendations?

Many thanks,
Steve

Look here;
http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...D=38&Alt=Ye s
Cannot comment on any of them, Broadband buyer does have product reviews
though.

John.

Old May 13th 04, 09:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Murphy

ADSL Guide has reviewed a few suitable items here
:http://www.adslguide.org.uk/reviews/ I'm using the SMC 7404WBRA, it was
cheap and it works a treat. If you don't need the built in print server
there's a cheaper version with faster wireless capability in the 7804WBRA.

Paul

Old May 13th 04, 11:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Troy Tempest

"Steve Winton" wrote in message
Hi all -

I've already got a broadband connection but currently I'm using the USB
DSL modem supplied by my ISP. I'd like to set up Wi-Fi and get rid of
all those nasty leads, I understand I'll need an ethernet modem and a
wireless router to do this. I've heard there are all-in-one products
available but I've yet to find any. Anyone got any recommendations?

Many thanks,
Steve

I'm using a Netgear DG834g which does all of the above, although some
posters here have found it a bit flakey but personally I've had no problems.

I found the wireless setup easy to use and reaches the sons room two flights
up at full strengh.

www.savastore.com are doing a special offer now

http://www.savastore.com/include2/in... 276005&pid=44

Old May 14th 04, 03:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

You need ADSLmodem/router/wireless combo,
if you want the best get Draytek Vigor 2600G,
avoid Netgear, unless you enjoy updating the firmware every few weeks..
Regards,
Martin

Old May 14th 04, 05:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Miller

Piers James wrote:
D-Link DSL-G604T is one such product, that goves 54mbps wireless
access

http://www.dlink.co.uk/pages/products/dsl_g604t.asp

There are others from other manufacturers, and I am sure people will
post suggestions.

Don't use this myself, but I do use a D-Link ethernet modem and
separate wireless router.

I use this very model, and it works exceptionally well.

Tim (tm)
tim at economic-truth.co.uk
http://www.economic-truth.co.uk - the students' economics resource
http://www.ugvm.org.uk - the uk.games.video.misc magazine
Xbox Live gamertag: Xexyz

Old May 14th 04, 08:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Landregan

"Steve Winton" wrote in message
Hi all -

I've already got a broadband connection but currently I'm using the USB
DSL modem supplied by my ISP. I'd like to set up Wi-Fi and get rid of
all those nasty leads, I understand I'll need an ethernet modem and a
wireless router to do this. I've heard there are all-in-one products
available but I've yet to find any. Anyone got any recommendations?

Many thanks,
Steve

For the best money can buy,

11MBit Draytek 2600We or W
56MBit Draytek 2600G or VG if you want VoIP facilities.

www.zionmedia.co.uk good prices, good service. Mention my name and Tim may
give you a discount.

No I dont work there, I just buy all my networking (Corporate and Home)
stuff there.

Old May 15th 04, 12:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Filthy Rich

On Thu, 13 May 2004 22:48:07 +0100, "Troy Tempest"
wrote:

I'm using a Netgear DG834g which does all of the above, although some
posters here have found it a bit flakey but personally I've had no problems.

I found the wireless setup easy to use and reaches the sons room two flights
up at full strengh.

Same here. No problems with the DG834G and totally wirelessed
throughout the house.

Filthy Rich
Music House