Bloody Bulldog!!!

Old May 14th 04, 02:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jamez

Default Bloody Bulldog!!!

Hi,

I'm sure you have all seen the new prices from Bulldog today...very
nice. I signed up for their Primetime1000 package last month for
24.99 they have dropped it to 19.99 from today and the 2Mbs service
is now 24.99. Rang Customer services to see if it meant that my
monthly fee would be going down...the answer was NO...I will continue
to pay the amount I signed for, for the next year!!!! Annoying to say
the least...but understandable I suppose....I then asked if I could
change to the 2Mbs service and carry on paying 24.99 the answer was
NO unless I was prepared to pay a 58 Disconnection fee and then
another 58 Re-connection fee....I am so Angry...I know that prices
will always change, it's just that I only bought it 1 month ago and
the attitude of the Bulldog Customer Service guy was extremely
annoying and he basically said "you signed the contract, so tough"
fair enough you may say but there are better ways to treat
customers!!! only 11 months to go till I can cancel. I hate being
spoken to in that manner by companies.

Jamez

Old May 14th 04, 02:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Baz

"Jamez" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm sure you have all seen the new prices from Bulldog today...very
nice. I signed up for their Primetime1000 package last monthsnip

I'm with you there, mate.
Signed up a while back for PrimeTime 2000 (got a special for 29.99, so was
happy), got it all turned on mid-March.
Problems started mid-April, and have continued to this day.
Still sitting here, waiting for anyone at Bulldog to talk to me about what
is wrong with my DSL.

And now on top of it all, they drop the price.
Don't give up hassling them. They have it in their power to reduce you onto
the lower price - if they want to.
If you are having problems, then use these as leverage to get the lower
price. Don't just rely on complaining to support. Find other ways of getting
your point across to them.

I'm on a 1month contract. As soon as I'm back working again, I'm looking
into jumping ship - I'm sorry to say.

Baz

Old May 14th 04, 02:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
XpUser

After careful thought and consideration Jamez typed:
[...]

I think it is actually against the law, to give a offer to NEW custmers
only. If they do an offer they must offer it to all customers. This was a
big thing with mortgages a while back. Where new customers were offered
discounted rates, where existing customers were not. As people perceived
this as existing customers were subsidising the new customers. Which is
unfair.

The law was changed so that an offer made should be available to new and
existing customers. Like l said this was in the mortgage market and am 80%
sure it applies to all things and not just mortgages. I have no link of
reference l can refer you to back up my statement. Maybe somebody in this
newsgroup can confirm what l have said.

Its certainly worth try, to push this angle with Bulldog.

Old May 14th 04, 02:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Baz

"Baz" wrote in message ...
"Jamez" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm sure you have all seen the new prices from Bulldog today...very
nice. I signed up for their Primetime1000 package last monthsnip

Check out http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist...&Board=bulldog
There's a fair amount of talk on there from existing customers, angered by
this new price drop for new customers only.
It would appear that some have been successful in applying pressure to get
the new pricing structure.

Sign up for the forums, and join in.

Baz

Old May 14th 04, 03:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jamez

On Fri, 14 May 2004 13:50:59 +0100, "XPUser" wrote:

[...]

Im pretty sure the law you refer to was only on Mortgages, however, Im
googling away to see if it applies to other things as well...

Cheers.

Old May 14th 04, 03:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jamez

On Fri, 14 May 2004 13:53:35 +0100, "Baz" wrote:

"Baz" wrote in message ...
"Jamez" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm sure you have all seen the new prices from Bulldog today...very
nice. I signed up for their Primetime1000 package last monthsnip

Check out http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist...&Board=bulldog
There's a fair amount of talk on there from existing customers, angered by
this new price drop for new customers only.
It would appear that some have been successful in applying pressure to get
the new pricing structure.

Sign up for the forums, and join in.

Baz

.....already there mate ;-)

Old May 14th 04, 03:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
XpUser

[...]

I have just asked a couple of people in the office, and apparantly, this was
only for mortgages, sorry.

Old May 14th 04, 04:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jamez

On Fri, 14 May 2004 14:40:48 +0100, "XPUser" wrote:

[...]

No Worries, thanks for trying to help :-)

Old May 14th 04, 04:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

I'm sure you have all seen the new prices from Bulldog today...very
nice. I signed up for their Primetime1000 package last month for
24.99 they have dropped it to 19.99 from today and the 2Mbs service
is now 24.99. Rang Customer services to see if it meant that my
monthly fee would be going down...the answer was NO...I will continue
to pay the amount I signed for, for the next year!!!! Annoying to say
the least...but understandable I suppose....I then asked if I could
change to the 2Mbs service and carry on paying 24.99 the answer was
NO unless I was prepared to pay a 58 Disconnection fee and then
another 58 Re-connection fee

AFAIK the charge is simply what BT will charge them.

Old May 14th 04, 05:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"XPUser" wrote in message

I have just asked a couple of people in the office, and apparantly, this

was
only for mortgages, sorry.

And with regard to T&C's, most notable interest rates, on savings accounts.

Jc.