SDSL availability in Kent - or a map!

Old May 14th 04, 03:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Default SDSL availability in Kent - or a map!

We're in the middle of planning an office move and would love to have SDSL
for our in-house servers (leased lines still cost too much for us). We're
trying to find if anywhere near us (say within 20 -30 miles) has SDSL, but
no website of any supplier seems to have a map, just a 'try a phone number
and see if it works'.

Does such a physical map exist (North Kent) - and does availability vary by
ISP, ie SDSL available on certain exchanges to all ISPs , or just
onindividual exchages to the ISP who have unbundled there?

Any info much appreciated!

Old May 14th 04, 03:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Steve" wrote in message
Does such a physical map exist (North Kent) - and does availability vary

by
ISP, ie SDSL available on certain exchanges to all ISPs , or just
onindividual exchages to the ISP who have unbundled there?

Any info much appreciated!

Have a look at http://www.samknows.com/broadband/maps.php?id=3

It shows all 151 exchanges that BT Wholesale have currently enabled for
SDSL.

Any ISP will be able to resell SDSL to you on those exchanges..

Last week, BT announced another 150 exchanges are to be enabled for SDSL but
have not yet released the names of those additional exchanges - they are due
to do that soon.

Regards
Sunil