isdn v adsl - reach from exchange

Old May 15th 04, 12:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
banzai

Default isdn v adsl - reach from exchange

Can anybody tell me how the relative requirements of the above differ
i.e. is isdn possible at a lot further distance from the exchange than adsl
? - can you get away with more noise on an isdn line ? etc etc

Any answers/refs gratefully received.

Old May 15th 04, 12:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Beck

banzai wrote:
Can anybody tell me how the relative requirements of the above differ
i.e. is isdn possible at a lot further distance from the exchange
than adsl ? - can you get away with more noise on an isdn line ? etc
etc

Any answers/refs gratefully received.

Well I am too far from the exchange (6.75 km from exchange I think) and I
have ISDN. I do not know the technicalities of possible constraints though

Old May 15th 04, 01:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Sunil Sood

"banzai" wrote in message
Can anybody tell me how the relative requirements of the above differ
i.e. is isdn possible at a lot further distance from the exchange than

adsl
? - can you get away with more noise on an isdn line ? etc etc

It is possible to get ISDN at a "further distance" (its really line quality
that counts not distance though) than ADSL.

The line tests for ISDN and ADSL cannot be directly compared however, as
they operate on different frequencies.

Regards
Sunil