is a slow dialup speed 'indicative' of less chance of broadband

Old May 15th 04, 12:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
banzai

Default is a slow dialup speed 'indicative' of less chance of broadband

evening again, so, if you read my previous 2 posts you may know what my
problem is - so if I only connect at ~33kbps yet the exchange is soon to be
upgraded and my line legth is 5km, does the slow dialup speed mean there may
be a problem in terms of getting broadband - the laptop i use connects at
46kbps+ at other properties.

TIA

Old May 15th 04, 01:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"banzai" wrote in message
does the slow dialup speed mean there may be a problem in terms of getting

broadband

No - the two are not related.

Regards
Sunil

Old May 15th 04, 02:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
w3rd

Nope, I had similar connection speed when connected at 56k , I then upgraded
to broadband 512k and recently to 1Mb

w3rd