Eclipse Internet - Any opinions please?

Old May 15th 04, 08:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Urban Fox

Default Eclipse Internet - Any opinions please?

I am tempted by Eclipse Internet for a BB connection. On the various
ADSL sites they get a good write up and show good throughput figures
and reliability.

However, looking for this group for a few weeks I don't see a great
number of people commenting on them.

Are they good and just get on with it well or do not many people use
them?

Any opinions please?

Thanks,

Fox.

Old May 15th 04, 10:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Domestos

I am tempted by Eclipse Internet for a BB connection. On the various
ADSL sites they get a good write up and show good throughput figures
and reliability.

Stay clear... They reckoned I couldn't get internet at my house yet I have
it now with Virgin ! that in my books is a serious mistake on thier part
thus I could not trust them any further.

not sure on price matches though...

Domestos

Old May 15th 04, 02:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dave

Stay clear... They reckoned I couldn't get internet at my house yet I have
it now with Virgin ! that in my books is a serious mistake on thier part
thus I could not trust them any further.

not sure on price matches though...

Domestos

Could not get internet !!! or broadband ?. You could get the internet
through dialup.

Dave

Old May 15th 04, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nsj

Urban Fox wrote:

I am tempted by Eclipse Internet for a BB connection. On the various
ADSL sites they get a good write up and show good throughput figures
and reliability.

Any opinions please?

I'd use them again. Their billing could be a bit lacklustre, though.

--
Now Playing: Coldplay - Yellow [213kbps mp3]
Old May 16th 04, 06:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 15 May 2004, Brian Morrison wrote:

Recommended for everything except news, the latter only matters ...

I'd tend to agree - people don't complain about a good service. Their
technical support hours are longer than they were one of my clients
joined them almost 2 years ago. He used them as they are teleworker
friendly (VAT invoices etc). He's retired now and is cutting back on
costs so has switched to a cheaper account (18.99 Home Surf, and will
soon cancel the second phone line he had for business calls). Had a
small problem with BT not removing a DACS originally, so Eclipse moved
the billing date to coincide with actual service he had and no problem
with them overall. Fixed IP and pretty steady service with perhaps 3
hours downtime when he couldn't connect... not bad in 21+ months.
Old May 16th 04, 09:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

"Brian Morrison" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 15 May 2004 08:23:54 +0100, in article
l.de Urban Fox
wrote:

I am tempted by Eclipse Internet for a BB connection. On the various
ADSL sites they get a good write up and show good throughput figures
and reliability.

This is true, their performance is generally good.

However, looking for this group for a few weeks I don't see a great
number of people commenting on them.

Satisfied people rarely comment.

Are they good and just get on with it well or do not many people use
them?

The former.

Any opinions please?

Recommended for everything except news, the latter only really matters if
you want binaries, but in all honesty if you do then get a news farm
subscription.

They seem to be getting more on the ball with newsgroups now, they host a
range of Binary groups now, and are currently in the process of getting a
new upstream providor, so performance may increase in the coming weeks. I'm
with Eclipse and mainly use news.individual.net, 100% free, and works great,
but for lite usenet their server is fine.

Old May 22nd 04, 11:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Urban Fox

On Tue, 18 May 2004 23:01:51 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

They handled
the migration from home-highway to adsl and kept me informed all the
way. Small problem with the first invoice but fine since then. I
recommend them to my customers.

Excellent! Thanks to everyone who replied. This is exactly what I want
to to, a HH to ADSL managed conversation.

Have organised this with Eclipse now and looking forward to 10th June
which is my activation date.

Thanks all.

Fox.

Old May 24th 04, 06:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Knight

Apologies for not replying earlier, I've been a customer with Eclipse
for a while now and cannot fault the original "installation" nor the
actual broadband BUT... I have to say I've found their Customer Service
useless. I had problems with accessing News through them and rather than
admit they didn't have a clue they ignored all support tickets I raised,
well not quite they'd acknowledge them, never answer them and then close
them. Eventually when I gave them notice that I was migrating to another
ISP they actually tried to answer my queries (stupidly referring me to
articles they had found explaining how to fix my problem which were
articles between myself and Turnpike)

I'm still with Eclipse and do tend to recommend them to friends and
customer with the added proviso that they should understand that the
customer service may not be all it's cracked up to be.

In message l.de,
Urban Fox writes