BT and Newmediacom to trial mobile video streaming service

Old May 17th 04, 01:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

Default BT and Newmediacom to trial mobile video streaming service

BT Wholesale announced today that it has signed an agreement to start
commercial trials of a mobile video streaming service with wireless
application service provider Newmediacom. The service, from BT Wholesale's
innovation unit, will ultimately be extended as a white label solution to BT
Wholesale's broadband ISP, ASP and mobile operator customers.

The service will be offered in conjunction with MyMovies.net and utilises
the BT WhASP® Platform to deliver movie clips and trailers over the four UK
2.5G mobile networks.

MyMovies.net has a membership of some 350,000 movie buffs who will be able
to access movie related footage anytime, anywhere on their mobile phones and
a range of people from this audience will be targeted to participate in the
trial.

Stuart Horwood, managing director of BT Wholesale Markets, said: "Our
relationship with Newmediacom is another example of our commitment to
working with innovative companies in order to bring new solutions to our
customers."

Dennis Edmonds, CEO of MyMovies.net stated: "This deal maintains our
position as the number one on-line movie destination in the UK and lends
further weight to our reputation as a source of quality, innovative
services. Thanks to BT and Newmediacom, we now have the ability to deliver
live movie related content direct from Hollywood and other locations to
mobile phones in the UK."

Shaun Doyle, CEO of Newmediacom Ltd said; "We are thrilled that MyMovies.net
have chosen us to deliver their superb movie content. Our hosted solution
enables companies such as MyMovies.net to seamlessly provide mobile video
services and we will shortly be announcing other services for the mobile
video marketplace."

From
http://www.btplc.com/News/Pressrelea...004/nr0432.htm

Regards
Sunil

Old May 17th 04, 01:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message
BT Wholesale announced today that it has signed an agreement to start
commercial trials of a mobile video streaming service with wireless
application service provider Newmediacom. The service, from BT Wholesale's
innovation unit, will ultimately be extended as a white label solution to

BT
Wholesale's broadband ISP, ASP and mobile operator customers.

Sorry wrong ng!

Regards
Sunil