Virgin's Modem

Old May 17th 04, 01:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Pape

Default Virgin's Modem

Hey all,

Well, I've e-mailed and e-mailed virgin, but to no reply, and I won't use
their Premium Rate number (not after my fiasco with O2 anyway!) so I thought
I'd ask you guys!

With the Virgin starter pack, there is a SpeedTouch USB modem, and I was
wondering if it will still work with BB if its connected through a phone
extension lead, or if it needs to be put into the original socket? I was
wondering cos I heard of some problems with it and someone having to buy an
extra 10 lead from PC World, and i dont particularly want to if i can help
it!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Chris

Old May 17th 04, 03:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Texxie

"Chris Pape" wrote in message
Hey all,

Well, I've e-mailed and e-mailed virgin, but to no reply, and I won't use
their Premium Rate number (not after my fiasco with O2 anyway!) so I

thought
I'd ask you guys!

With the Virgin starter pack, there is a SpeedTouch USB modem, and I was
wondering if it will still work with BB if its connected through a phone
extension lead, or if it needs to be put into the original socket? I was
wondering cos I heard of some problems with it and someone having to buy

an
extra 10 lead from PC World, and i dont particularly want to if i can

help
it!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Chris

It WILL work with an extension lead. Why should it not??

Don't believe all you hear

Old May 17th 04, 03:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Pape

[...]

Well, the problem is you see, I did the trial Freeserve one month thingy and
that wouldnt work with an extension, only in the main socket, so thats why I
ask

Old May 17th 04, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Mon, 17 May 2004 14:58:31 +0000 (UTC), in uk.telecom.broadband
"Chris Pape" strung together this:

Well, the problem is you see, I did the trial Freeserve one month thingy and
that wouldnt work with an extension, only in the main socket, so thats why I
ask

You've obviously got a knackered extension lead then. You'll have to
buy a new one.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
Old May 18th 04, 02:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Domestos

My Speedtouch virgin modem works through an extention lead fine, but my
extention lead is a standard BT lead rather than a cheap one from the corner
shop, which at the end of the day never seem to work!

Old May 18th 04, 09:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Edward

Chris Pape wrote:
Hey all,

Well, I've e-mailed and e-mailed virgin, but to no reply, and I won't
use their Premium Rate number (not after my fiasco with O2 anyway!)
so I thought I'd ask you guys!

With the Virgin starter pack, there is a SpeedTouch USB modem, and I
was wondering if it will still work with BB if its connected through
a phone extension lead, or if it needs to be put into the original
socket? I was wondering cos I heard of some problems with it and
someone having to buy an extra 10 lead from PC World, and i dont
particularly want to if i can help it!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Chris

My main phone socket is in an awkward position in the middle of the house
and I've wired extension phone cable up walls, through ceilings and down the
outside of the house to where I'm sitting now at the far end of the
extension. No problems

Old May 20th 04, 05:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Pape

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 May 2004 14:58:31 +0000 (UTC), in uk.telecom.broadband
"Chris Pape" strung together this:

Well, the problem is you see, I did the trial Freeserve one month thingy

and
that wouldnt work with an extension, only in the main socket, so thats

why I
ask

You've obviously got a knackered extension lead then. You'll have to
buy a new one.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.

Yeah, maybe. But my dial-up works fine on it at the mo!

Old May 20th 04, 07:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Thu, 20 May 2004 16:17:55 +0000 (UTC), in uk.telecom.broadband
"Chris Pape" strung together this:

Yeah, maybe. But my dial-up works fine on it at the mo!

Ok, don't get ADSL then. Either way, ADSL = new extension lead!
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.