BT ADSL: What are the db limits??

Old May 17th 04, 05:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin

Default BT ADSL: What are the db limits??

anyone know the db limits for BT to deploy ASDL??
I think the full rate 2Mbps has a 42db limit? Anyone confirm this...?

also..what do BT deploy the 512kbps service to? And i hear some testing is
going on in Milton Keynes to look to improve this..?

thanks
martin

Old May 17th 04, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Martin" wrote in message
anyone know the db limits for BT to deploy ASDL??
I think the full rate 2Mbps has a 42db limit? Anyone confirm this...?

Its 41dB for both the 1 and 2 Mbps service - though BT may be revising these
after the 512K trial has finished.

also..what do BT deploy the 512kbps service to?

60 dB

And i hear some testing is
going on in Milton Keynes to look to improve this..?

BT are going to be testing supplying the 512K service at 70dB+...

See
http://www.btplc.com/News/Pressrelea...004/nr0416.htm for the official press release

Regards
Sunil