ADSL delay on moving house?

Old May 17th 04, 07:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth

Default ADSL delay on moving house?

I've been told that if I take my CLI with me when moving house that the down
time - assuming ADSL can be supplied to the new address - is around 7 days.

Has anyone has an activation time of less than 7 days when keeping the same
CLI?

Gareth.

Old May 17th 04, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Mon, 17 May 2004 19:45:30 +0100, Gareth wrote:

I've been told that if I take my CLI with me when moving house that the
down
time - assuming ADSL can be supplied to the new address - is around 7
days.

Has anyone has an activation time of less than 7 days when keeping the
same
CLI?

Gareth.

Hi Gareth,

If you are taking the same CLI with you when you move then I'd say the
best thing to do is let your ISP know 7 days before you transfer the
number so that they can arrange for the cease to complete on the move day
and submit the provide on the new line once the transfer has complete.
Once the reprovide is in the system you're generally just waiting on BT's
frames engineer to complete the work, sometimes this will be done in a
couple of days sometimes it takes the full week. I've seen plenty of
people get the reprovide done in less than 7 days after the provide has
gone in, or within 14 days of submitting the request to move, but I've
also seen them take longer.

--
Regards,