Aol Dropped Prices on Broadband

Old May 19th 04, 02:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tapioca

Default Aol Dropped Prices on Broadband

512k now 24.99 per month 270 Annual
1Mb now 29.99

--
Tapioca

If you have nothing to do then do nothing and enjoy it!

Old May 19th 04, 08:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

Will this apply for existing customers?

--
Phil From Scarborough UK

Old May 20th 04, 08:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tapioca

Phil wrote:
Will this apply for existing customers?

512k now 24.99 per month 270 Annual
1Mb now 29.99

This Applies to all customers.

Old May 20th 04, 12:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
WS19UK

Of course they're only paying 9.00 a month for any speed line anyway...
Old May 20th 04, 04:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MagicUK

as they still get away with the VAT correct?
"WS19UK" wrote in message
om...
Of course they're only paying 9.00 a month for any speed line anyway...

Old June 4th 04, 10:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Miles

"MagicUK" [email protected] yahoo.com wrote in news:40acc3de$0$25318
:

as they still get away with the VAT correct?
"WS19UK" wrote in message
om...
Of course they're only paying 9.00 a month for any speed line

anyway...

Changing subject........

My exchange is supposed to go Broadband June 2nd.
I have had an order with AOL for a broadband service since March.
How long after 2 June would i normally expect to get my modem and be up
and running?
Miles
Old June 4th 04, 11:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On 4 Jun 2004 20:04:03 GMT, Miles wrote:

"MagicUK" [email protected] yahoo.com wrote in news:40acc3de$0$25318
:

as they still get away with the VAT correct?
"WS19UK" wrote in message
om...
Of course they're only paying 9.00 a month for any speed line

anyway...

Changing subject........

My exchange is supposed to go Broadband June 2nd.
I have had an order with AOL for a broadband service since March.
How long after 2 June would i normally expect to get my modem and be up
and running?
Miles

You subscribe to this Newgroup AND ordered AOL Broadband; must be a
acting in blind faith that things can only get better for this misfit
organisation that promises so much and delivers so little.

Pull out while you can and go to a proper ADSL provider.

David Bradley

Old June 5th 04, 02:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

"David Bradley" wrote in message
On 4 Jun 2004 20:04:03 GMT, Miles wrote:

"MagicUK" [email protected] yahoo.com wrote in news:40acc3de$0$25318
:

as they still get away with the VAT correct?
"WS19UK" wrote in message
om...
Of course they're only paying 9.00 a month for any speed line

anyway...

Changing subject........

My exchange is supposed to go Broadband June 2nd.
I have had an order with AOL for a broadband service since March.
How long after 2 June would i normally expect to get my modem and be up
and running?
Miles

You subscribe to this Newgroup AND ordered AOL Broadband; must be a
acting in blind faith that things can only get better for this misfit
organisation that promises so much and delivers so little.

Pull out while you can and go to a proper ADSL provider.

David Bradley

"promises so much and delivers so little"

It's AOL poetry! Beautifully put.

Dominic

--
ICBroadband Tech Support - working for you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
24 hour service status information telephone: 0870 760 5933

Old June 5th 04, 07:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Miles

"Dominic" wrote in
:

wrote:

"MagicUK" [email protected] yahoo.com wrote in
news:40acc3de$0$25318 :

as they still get away with the VAT correct?
"WS19UK" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Actually I wanted an answer not facile remarks from speccy ****s.
Miles
Old June 5th 04, 11:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On 5 Jun 2004 05:43:20 GMT, Miles wrote:

"Dominic" wrote in
:

wrote:

"MagicUK" [email protected] yahoo.com wrote in
news:40acc3de$0$25318 :

as they still get away with the VAT correct?
"WS19UK" wrote in message
om...
[...]

The answer to the question was in the reply: If you had gone with a
proper ISP, then assuming:
1) You placed your order at least 10 days ago;
2) Your exchanged has been enabled;
3) Your line is suitable for he service;
Then you would have mostly likely have been online on the 2nd June but
almostly certainly by now.

As a subscriber to this newsgroup you surely must have been aware that
apart from really exceptional cases, AOL is not suitable for the
majority of end users. While AOL does have a large user base, this
does not mean by shear numbers alone they are the best, nor even
giving good value for money for the ADSL service they provide.

For every reason you can give me on AOLs plus points I can give half a
dozen negative aspects about their service.

It is not really my general policy to slag off another persons choice
of provider, but on this ocassion you really are the **** for not
listining carefully to what others have to say. Had you done so, you
would be a member of the Broadband community already with a top class
provider with more money in your pocket.

David Bradley