Grrrr.... 7 days downtime!??!

Old May 19th 04, 04:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mike

Default Grrrr.... 7 days downtime!??!

Today my phone number was changed, not the line, just the number for reason
out of my control. I've been with freeserve for 4 years, I've been with
freeserve broadband for 20 months or more.

I was unsure whether or not having purely my number changed would affect my
broadband connection, well, it did. Today my connection cut out completely
at round about the same time the number was changed. I called 'Wana****' and
explained.....man on phone, he say:

"Our records have your connection change down for the 27th April"......

WTF, this is beyind a joke. Over a week to change my connection over. I use
my broadband connection for work, I deal with huge files every day, without
my connection I don't earn money. Now I find myself paying 4p a minute for
56k access until next Thursday. I'm extremely angry....

Is there any else I can do? I'm about ready to drop freeserve altogether. 7
days is just ridiculous is not? I'm sure I can get another ISP to sign up
for a new account in that time.

:-/

mark

Old May 19th 04, 04:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

mike wrote:

[...]

I'm confused - unless you mean 27th MAY?
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old May 19th 04, 04:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mike

"Tiscali Tim" wrote in message

I'm confused - unless you mean 27th MAY?

sorry, indeed I do....

Old May 19th 04, 05:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Wed, 19 May 2004 14:29:52 UTC, "mike"
wrote:

Today my phone number was changed, not the line, just the number for reason
out of my control. I've been with freeserve for 4 years, I've been with
freeserve broadband for 20 months or more.

ADSL is tied to the phone number; that's how BT's systems work. The
problem is down to BT, not Wanadoo.

Having said that, if they'd been clued-up they could have probably kept
you better informed; but they're not known for being clued-up, are they?
--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
Old May 19th 04, 05:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mindmender

wrote:

Today my phone number was changed, not the line, just the number for

reason
out of my control. I've been with freeserve for 4 years, I've been with
freeserve broadband for 20 months or more.

ADSL is tied to the phone number; that's how BT's systems work. The
problem is down to BT, not Wanadoo.

Having said that, if they'd been clued-up they could have probably kept
you better informed; but they're not known for being clued-up, are they?
--
Bob Eager

Hi Bob,

I remember when you were with The Silver Ullet Band.

Jim

Old May 19th 04, 11:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Linker3000

mike wrote:
"Tiscali Tim" wrote in message

I'm confused - unless you mean 27th MAY?

sorry, indeed I do....

Any bod at Wanadoo can change your number on the system in seconds -
subject to any procedures to verify the change - phone and ask to speak
to a supervisor or ask to be referred to the CAT team at Leeds.

L3K