Plusnet ADSL Tale of Woe

Old May 19th 04, 07:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark E

Default Plusnet ADSL Tale of Woe

Hi All,

After being told by PlusNet that I was connected back on May 9th. It's
been dead as a doornail, never had a glimmer of an ADSL connection
despite trying two different modems. Eventually told by PlusNet that
it's is not synchronising at there end....and well that's it!

Supposedly BT are on the case and should have arranged to call over the
last couple of days but of course nothing has happened. Still no idea
when/if BT is coming.

Wish I had stuck with 56k rather than shell out 160 for an expensive
silver doorstop and a non-existent ADSL service.

Is this the usual story with lines that prove problematical? If one does
have some kind of line/exchange problem do they ever get fixed?

Apparently PlusNet are one of the better companies according to what I
read here so heaven knows what some of the others are like!

I'd welcome comments from others who did not manage a connection from
day one and any thoughts on how long (if ever) it takes to sort out.

Thanks

Mark E
Old May 19th 04, 08:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Supposedly BT are on the case and should have arranged to call over the
last couple of days but of course nothing has happened. Still no idea
when/if BT is coming.

To a large extent the ISP is dependant on BT. I had a problem and BT sorted
it within four days after my initial install failed.

Old May 19th 04, 08:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Mark E wrote:

Wish I had stuck with 56k rather than shell out 160 for an expensive
silver doorstop and a non-existent ADSL service.

To be fair to PlusNet, they do strongly advise you not to shell out for any
third party hardware until the line has tested ok.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old May 19th 04, 10:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

"Mark E" wrote in message

I DID wait until they told me ALL the tests were clear and that I was

connected! A line of green ticks on the my progress for connection page,
plus confirmation e-mails etc.

All in all very unsatisfactory as far as I am concerned. I have paid for
equipment that may prove to be of no use to me whatsoever.

I was told a few weeks ago by a sales rep that I could use an existing
router provided by NTL. Since joining I have been told yes you can use it,
yes you can but not using independent PC's and the last contact with them
informed me that this equipment was no good at all...They accept any
responsibility even though it was their sales rep who gave me the advice.

I am keeping the service for now but I wont be recommending it to anyone
else if this is how they treat people.

Old May 19th 04, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

On Wed, 19 May 2004 19:18:37 GMT, Mark E
wrote:

In article , says...
Mark E wrote:

Wish I had stuck with 56k rather than shell out 160 for an expensive
silver doorstop and a non-existent ADSL service.

To be fair to PlusNet, they do strongly advise you not to shell out for any
third party hardware until the line has tested ok.

I DID wait until they told me ALL the tests were clear and that I was
connected! A line of green ticks on the my progress for connection page,
plus confirmation e-mails etc.

All in all very unsatisfactory as far as I am concerned. I have paid for
equipment that may prove to be of no use to me whatsoever.

Hi Mark,

I can't comment specifically, because I don't know your situation, but
generally if the connection has never worked you can claim
compensation when resolved. The time it takes is completely down to
BT. We have no control over them or how long it takes them to resolve
the issue. It may be a simple fault or it may involve a lot of
investigating and take a while. If you email me your username or post
a ticket ID here we can chase it up for you.

kind regards

Luke
http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----+
Old May 19th 04, 11:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

4 days!! Were you with Plusnet?

Yes. They were most helpful. Perhaps try talking to them in a calm and non
confrontational manner will help as well.

Old May 20th 04, 12:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

"Gareth :-) voom" wrote in message
wrote in message

I am keeping the service for now but I wont be recommending it to anyone
else if this is how they treat people.

But you didn`t research, actually come to think of it i`ve seen various
posts from you and all could of been answered simply by looking through
Google.