Tiscali Sagem drivers ??

Old May 20th 04, 10:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TX2

Default Tiscali Sagem drivers ??

A friend of mine has recently had Tiscali 3x broadband activated, but
has gone and lost the installation CD !

Can anyone suggest where i can find a download for this...someone could
perhaps send me the contents of the CD via email, or maybe a temp web
page where i could download the files perhaps?

He hasn't approached Tiscali to see if he can get a replacement just
yet.

TIA ...

Old May 20th 04, 10:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...

A friend of mine has recently had Tiscali 3x broadband activated, but
has gone and lost the installation CD !

Can anyone suggest where i can find a download for this...someone could
perhaps send me the contents of the CD via email, or maybe a temp web
page where i could download the files perhaps?

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/broadband/index.html links to
http://www.sagem.com/web-modems/down...rt-fast-en.htm

Regards
Sunil

Old May 20th 04, 08:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Thu, 20 May 2004 17:22:18 +0100, Tx2
wrote:

In article ,
, a.k.a Tx2 says...

He hasn't approached Tiscali to see if he can get a replacement just
yet.

scrub that ... after having spoken to Delhi, Calcutta or some other
distant place, he was advised that he can download the software.

OK, so i have found the Sagem downloads site, but which modem is it?
His modem appears to not have any model No. on it that matches the
downloads site, except perhaps "800E2T" marked on the base?

Of course, do these drivers install the Tiscali 'dial-up' settings?

The CD, or contents thereof, is preferred methinks.

The CD may be useful for a neophyte, but having installed this stuff
for someone last week, I would prefer to avoid Tiscali's software. It
hijacks the browser and generally messes things about.

If you know what you are doing, I would be tempted to just install the
modem and then set up the Tiscali link manually.

That's what I plan to do for this friend, who really is a beginner.

MK

Michael Kenward Words for sale
Old May 20th 04, 09:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...

A friend of mine has recently had Tiscali 3x broadband activated, but
has gone and lost the installation CD !

Can anyone suggest where i can find a download for this...someone could
perhaps send me the contents of the CD via email, or maybe a temp web
page where i could download the files perhaps?

He hasn't approached Tiscali to see if he can get a replacement just
yet.

TIA ...

You dont think anyone here would admit to having anything of Tiscalis?
Here ya go...
http://snipurl.com/6k1m

I'll leave it there for 24 hours or so.

Graham.