If BT cease the line....?

Old May 22nd 04, 04:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gus

Default If BT cease the line....?

you have to resign up as they disconnect both phoneline and ADSL at the same
time. I had that myself on a home line after the BT billing dept. that
didn't process a [granted a late] payment on time, so was without phone and
ADSL for 3 weeks. 3 weeks cause I couldn't afford the reconnection fee for
both phone and ADSL in one go, so would have been 2 weeks.

Old May 22nd 04, 05:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

On Sat, 22 May 2004 16:06:40 +0100, Steve Evans [email protected] wrote:

On Sat, 22 May 2004 15:56:45 +0100, "Gus" wrote:

you have to resign up as they disconnect both phoneline and ADSL at the same
time. I had that myself on a home line after the BT billing dept. that
didn't process a [granted a late] payment on time, so was without phone and
ADSL for 3 weeks. 3 weeks cause I couldn't afford the reconnection fee for
both phone and ADSL in one go, so would have been 2 weeks.

Thanks for the reply.
Not really what I wanted to hear, my life is going to be hell for the
next couple of weeks. Everyone in the company is going to say 'Are we
connected yet?', at least once! (groan)

Ta

It depends on the reason. Did you change any details on the billing
details for the PSTN line? Did they take off the wrong line?

If it was BT's error, they normally (after a push) will put it back
on, if it is because of a change of details, you will have to pay the
reprovide fee unfortunately.

regards

Luke
--
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----+
Old May 22nd 04, 06:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Steve Evans [email protected] wrote:
On Sat, 22 May 2004 16:17:36 +0100, PlusNet Support
wrote:

[...]

Could be any number of reasons, but rest assured, someone will be on a
witch hunt, come monday morning

Burn her!
Old May 26th 04, 01:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Linker3000

Gus wrote:
you have to resign up as they disconnect both phoneline and ADSL at the same
time. I had that myself on a home line after the BT billing dept. that
didn't process a [granted a late] payment on time, so was without phone and
ADSL for 3 weeks. 3 weeks cause I couldn't afford the reconnection fee for
both phone and ADSL in one go, so would have been 2 weeks.

Ditto - BT also issued a cease to my ISP even though *they* (BT) cocked
up on the billing.

Told BT to issue an 'uncease' but they said they couldn't do this as
they were separate from the ISP (Demon), so I queried why they could do
a 'cease' in that case! They couldn;t answer.

I ended up with an ADSL activated line but a disabled Demon login and
neither BT or Demon would 'press any buttons' to sort it.

Complained to OFTEL (as was) - total waste of time.

Seems BT can make up the rules as they go along.

L3K