B*!%$**T

Old May 23rd 04, 08:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trev

Default B*!%$**T

Help I'm going round in circles here!! Moved house Last month (27th) was
with Pipex and they told me to close the account and then sign up again. Ok
so far. Closed the account and spoke to BT about keeping my tel no they said
no probs and the cease on my ADSL should go through by the 12/5 fine me
thinks! Finally got the ADSL ceased on the 18/5 and the BT bod said your
line is now clear and you can reorder broadband. 23/5 every online checker
or when I try to order says you may already have ADSL on this line sorry we
cannot process you order thanx and sod off!! when I phone BT all I get is
yes I can promise you sir the line is clear and you should be able to order
now! arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. what can I do next?

Old May 23rd 04, 11:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Trev" wrote in message ...
Help I'm going round in circles here!! Moved house Last month (27th) was
with Pipex and they told me to close the account and then sign up again.

Ok
so far. Closed the account and spoke to BT about keeping my tel no they

said
no probs and the cease on my ADSL should go through by the 12/5 fine me
thinks! Finally got the ADSL ceased on the 18/5 and the BT bod said your
line is now clear and you can reorder broadband. 23/5 every online checker
or when I try to order says you may already have ADSL on this line sorry

we
cannot process you order thanx and sod off!! when I phone BT all I get is
yes I can promise you sir the line is clear and you should be able to

order
now! arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. what can I do next?

You have two choices:

1. Either wait for the online checkers to update themselves and then order
ADSL
or
2. Get your ISP to place a "manual order" - adding to the notes, that you
have moved house and kept the old telephone number (which was ADSL enabled)
but your new location/line isn't.

A "manual order" bypasses BT's online checkers...

Regards
Sunil

Old May 23rd 04, 12:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"obsidian" wrote in message
Since both the phone number and ADSL are moving at the same time, why does
the ADSL have to be removed in the first place? (I have assumed that

the
same exchange building serves both old and new addresses,)

As the ADSL equipment will have to be connected to different equipment at
the exchange. - the new location will have a different physical copper line
running to it from the exchange... this will have to be attached to the
DSLAM etc

The old line will have to be removed from the DSLAM etc..

Regards
Sunil

Old May 23rd 04, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On Sun, 23 May 2004 11:12 +0100, in uk.telecom.broadband,
"Sunil Sood" wrote:

the new location will have a different physical copper line running
to it from the exchange... this will have to be attached to the
DSLAM etc

It's a shame that as yet, "keeping my number" when moving house does not
also allow for "and move ADSL service" (OK, for a fee) to avoid a cease
and subsequent setup which force the moving user to be without service
for a number of days. Maybe BT can smooth this process soon !! PGM
Old May 23rd 04, 09:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Sun, 23 May 2004 14:41:35 +0200, obsidian
wrote:

hmmm, doesn't seem to make sense...
the E side of the MDF remains unchanged (since the number is not
changing),
so there is no (technical) reason to remove the jumper from the DSLAM
(filter) - then all that needs to be done is to rejumper the D side,
surely?

enlightenment welcome...

Hi,

I wish the move ADSL process was this simple, not only would it make it
simpler for us as a support team but it would certainly improve the
experience for our customers (and all other ISP's too) as retaining the
same phone number will normally result in a week's downtime.

Looking at it from BT's point of view they don't necessarily know that the
new line can support ADSL. BT rid run a short trial on moving both the
PSTN service and ADSL at the same time, unfortunately this wasn't very
successful and we are still left with the cease and reprovide process.
Each ISP is in regular contact with BT Wholesale about how things can be
improved and you will find that for most ISP's this is one of the top
issues. Things will be moving in the background, which will likely result
in a new improved trial, but it may take time.

To Trev, I would recommend contacting Pipex and asking them if the cease
has been completed, if they see that it has then they may need to contact
BT Wholesale to get that cease closed off and the ADSL flag completely
removed from the line. One of the problems with BT's various databases is
that they don't all always update in real time. BT Retail will be able to
see what services you currently subscribe to, but if the cease has been
properly closed by wholesale at the old property this won't show up to
them, it will only show up on the online checkers.

--
Regards,

Old May 23rd 04, 09:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Wray

"obsidian" wrote in message
hmmm, doesn't seem to make sense...
the E side of the MDF remains unchanged (since the number is not

changing),
so there is no (technical) reason to remove the jumper from the DSLAM
(filter) - then all that needs to be done is to rejumper the D side,

surely?

enlightenment welcome...

The E side does change as that the line it connects to is fixed. The
exchange will be reprogrammed to say that this line cards number has changed
from one number to another.

Stephen

Old May 24th 04, 12:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"poster" wrote in message
It's a shame that as yet, "keeping my number" when moving house does not
also allow for "and move ADSL service" (OK, for a fee) to avoid a cease
and subsequent setup which force the moving user to be without service
for a number of days. Maybe BT can smooth this process soon !! PGM

BT are only just getting around to doing this for moving house + keeping a
existing CPS selection on the line - doing it for ADSL may take some time..

Regards
Sunil

Old May 24th 04, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Sunil Sood wrote:
snip
BT are only just getting around to doing this for moving house + keeping a
existing CPS selection on the line - doing it for ADSL may take some time..

Oh the beautiful dream.
ADSL that does not let spammers packets in.