D-Link 300G+ Settings question

Old May 23rd 04, 06:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

Default D-Link 300G+ Settings question

I`ve purchased one of these off Ebay, i`m currently on NTL but my line is
being activated on the 25th May for NDO 1mb.

What settings should this modem be ? I`ve entered my username and password
bust for PPoa, PPoe and LLC I aint got a clue.

Also i`ve just got the modem plugged into my filter but not plugged into
etherenet yet, when the line is "Active" will it stop flashing if it`s not
connected via ethernet??

Cheers

Old May 23rd 04, 07:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Piers James

first of all the lights. the power light should be on and constant. the
status light should flash all the time. the ADSl and ethernet lights should
be constant when it has found a good connection and flashing when there is
activity.

settings will depend on your ISP, but as a first stab try the following:-

PPPoA
Encaspulation: VcMux (if you get connection/stabilty of connection problems
then try LLC)
User name and password as given
Authentication: probably Chap
Connect on Demand, is up to you but prob best set to Enabled
Under system setting for the VPI/VCI setting try 0/38

That *should* get you up and running.

HTH

news:[email protected]

Old May 23rd 04, 07:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

"Piers James" -nospam wrote in message
news:%[email protected]
settings will depend on your ISP, but as a first stab try the following:-

PPPoA
Encaspulation: VcMux (if you get connection/stabilty of connection

problems
then try LLC)
User name and password as given
Authentication: probably Chap
Connect on Demand, is up to you but prob best set to Enabled
Under system setting for the VPI/VCI setting try 0/38

That *should* get you up and running.

HTH

Cheers to the both of you, will configure it and see what happens :0)