My line has gone "GGER" should my modem be sync?

Old May 24th 04, 09:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

Default My line has gone "GGER" should my modem be sync?

I`m new to this ADSL lark, my line status is "GGER", should my modem be
locking onto a signal?

I purchased a 2nd hand D-Link 300g+ from Ebay and abit concened if it works
or not.

Cheers

Old May 24th 04, 10:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

"Meggahurtz" wrote in message

I purchased a 2nd hand D-Link 300g+ from Ebay and abit concened if it

works
or not.

Woohoo, my ADSL has just lit :0) now to get it sorted..

Old May 24th 04, 10:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gari P

"Meggahurtz" wrote in message

"Meggahurtz" wrote in message

I purchased a 2nd hand D-Link 300g+ from Ebay and abit concened if it

works
or not.

Woohoo, my ADSL has just lit :0) now to get it sorted..

Ahh yes, I remember my first time. The moment you see the green DSL light
come on, that is, heh. A truly magic moment. My world changed after seeing
the light. Have fun .......

---

Old May 26th 04, 01:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clive Savage

On Mon, 24 May 2004 21:20:14 +0100, "Gari P"
wrote:

"Meggahurtz" wrote in message

"Meggahurtz" wrote in message

I purchased a 2nd hand D-Link 300g+ from Ebay and abit concened if it

works
or not.

Woohoo, my ADSL has just lit :0) now to get it sorted..

Ahh yes, I remember my first time. The moment you see the green DSL light
come on, that is, heh. A truly magic moment. My world changed after seeing
the light. Have fun .......

Does it flash as soon as the exchange goes live or do you have to sign
up with an ISP first?

Bye for now.

Clive.
Old May 26th 04, 01:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

wrote:

"Meggahurtz" wrote in message

"Meggahurtz" wrote in message

I purchased a 2nd hand D-Link 300g+ from Ebay and abit concened if it
works
or not.

Woohoo, my ADSL has just lit :0) now to get it sorted..

Ahh yes, I remember my first time. The moment you see the green DSL light
come on, that is, heh. A truly magic moment. My world changed after

seeing
the light. Have fun .......

Does it flash as soon as the exchange goes live or do you have to sign
up with an ISP first?

Your line will not be activated until you have an active account with an
ISP. Just because an exchange goes live doesn't mean that all the lines get
automatically connected to the DSL equipment, it's done on an ad hoc basis,
when & if required...

Old May 26th 04, 08:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gari P

news:[email protected]

wrote:

[...]

Yup, and in my case was a couple of days after my exchange went live (I'd
pre-ordered with Nildram). Strangely, on the day they (BT) enabled BB on my
line, they killed the voice side of things (no dial tone or anything) .. yet
the BB worked a treat. A few people have experienced this from what I've
read here.

---

Old May 26th 04, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Gari P wrote:
news:[email protected]

wrote:

[...]

It's normally caused by the cutters on the punch down/inserter tool being
blunt, well a bad workman always blames his tools ;-)