Wanadoo - big problems registering

Old May 25th 04, 10:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kooky45

Default Wanadoo - big problems registering

I've been trying to get Wanadoo broadband for four weeks. It took
them three weeks to send my ADSL modem, and although they say it
should only take 10 days after ordering before activation the line
still isn't active. I've called their customer care and technical
support lines many many times, and I've been told three separate times
that my account has been closed and needs reopening. I've had every
excuse under the sun too, including lost details and incompatible
services on the line.

I'm determined to get this sorted out but no-one at the call centres
is capable of understanding what's going wrong. Does anyone here know
who I could call elsewhere in Wanadoo that could help, preferably more
senior in the company? Please don't recommend that I change provider
as I need to evaluate Wanadoo's service only.

Many thanks,

Ken
Old May 25th 04, 11:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

Kooky45 wrote:
: I've been trying to get Wanadoo broadband for four weeks. It took
: them three weeks to send my ADSL modem, and although they say it
: should only take 10 days after ordering before activation the line
: still isn't active.

This is totally the opposite of a colleague of mine who got all setup
remarkably smoothly. His line got enabled within a week!
Old May 25th 04, 05:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kooky45

Brian McIlwrath wrote in message ...
Kooky45 wrote:
: I've been trying to get Wanadoo broadband for four weeks. It took
: them three weeks to send my ADSL modem, and although they say it
: should only take 10 days after ordering before activation the line
: still isn't active.

This is totally the opposite of a colleague of mine who got all setup
remarkably smoothly. His line got enabled within a week!

That shows how bad my experience is then. I've email and paper mailed
a couple of senior execs - I wonder what'll happen?!