newbie question

Old May 25th 04, 07:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Johnnie Scott

Default newbie question

Looking at changing my NTL dial-up to Pipex Broadband. My question is solo
lite 500 monthly bandwidth is 1 GB not sure what this is. I am on the net
approx 3 hours a day, mostly web pages small amount of downloading, Is the
1 gig enough ???? Unlimited 4 per month more.

Thanks
John in Kent

Old May 25th 04, 11:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Looking at changing my NTL dial-up to Pipex Broadband. My question is solo
lite 500 monthly bandwidth is 1 GB not sure what this is. I am on the net
approx 3 hours a day, mostly web pages small amount of downloading, Is the
1 gig enough ???? Unlimited 4 per month more.

I`d go for unlimited personally - i`m happy with what i`m getting for
23.44 a month ;-)

You may not have discovered the dubious delights of file sharing yet, but
when you see how fast you can grab the damn stuff with broadband, it
becomes a viable option !

Bittorrent is a phrase well worth searching google for, and a client app
called Azureus from www.sourceforge.net is a very nice implementation of
it...