MIcrofilters and 56k dial up modems

Old May 26th 04, 01:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Harry Rule

Default MIcrofilters and 56k dial up modems

Im looking to get broadband, but i would like to know if I do, will I still
be able to use the 56k dial up modem on my work laptop ?

Many thanks

Old May 26th 04, 07:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 26 May 2004 00:38:46 +0000 (UTC), "Harry Rule"
wrote:

Im looking to get broadband, but i would like to know if I do, will I still
be able to use the 56k dial up modem on my work laptop ?

yes, through a phone port on a microfilter.

Phil
Old May 26th 04, 07:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Yes!

Old May 26th 04, 08:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mindmender

"Harry Rule" wrote in message
Im looking to get broadband, but i would like to know if I do, will I

still
be able to use the 56k dial up modem on my work laptop ?

Many thanks

You would, but you may also find that the modem will fall back to a speed
lower than 56K. You would gain full ADSL speeds for your laptop by
connection via a router or ICS through your desktop. You would additionally
gain file sharing between your machines

Jim

Old May 26th 04, 11:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Linker3000

Harry Rule wrote:

Im looking to get broadband, but i would like to know if I do, will I still
be able to use the 56k dial up modem on my work laptop ?

Many thanks

Probably OK - mostly works, some modems get a bit twitchy.

L3K
Old May 27th 04, 09:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiny Ramsden

Harry Rule wrote:

Im looking to get broadband, but i would like to know if I do, will I
still be able to use the 56k dial up modem on my work laptop ?

Many thanks

If you use the 3.99 filter from Lioncom and have problems you can add a
second which makes a Pye Tandem filter. I use this trick with older faxes
as well.

--
Lioncom adsl 4 port router, Nildram adsl running on Redhat 7.3. You can see
and hear me and my pal Joe Longthorne on uktalent.org.