BT SDSL attenuation limits?

Old May 26th 04, 01:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard

Default BT SDSL attenuation limits?

I currently have a BT 2Mb SDSL line through a Cisco 800 series router,
which is not as fast as I thought. I know BT have an informal limit of
50-60dB attenuation for ADSL, and I also know that SDSL has a lower
limit. My SDSL attenuation is currently at 51dB:

Actual rate: 2056 Kbps
Modem Status: Data (0x1)
Received SNR: 41 dB
SNR Threshold: 23 dB
Loop Attenuation: 51.1400 dB
Transmit Power: 12.5 dBm
Receiver Gain: 6.1200 dB

Does anyone know what the SDSL limit is? If not, can anyone describe
their experience with SDSL with a high attenuation.

Thanks,
Richard Hobson