Pipex Newsgroups..

Old May 27th 04, 01:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gameface

Default Pipex Newsgroups..

Isnt about time they fix this... i have been with pipex for about 16mnths
now and the newsgroups are still terribly slow

Anyone else suffer this problem?

Old May 27th 04, 01:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul King

"Gameface" wrote in message
Isnt about time they fix this... i have been with pipex for about 16mnths
now and the newsgroups are still terribly slow

Anyone else suffer this problem?

Solved my Pipex newsgroups probs by signing up with Teranews.
http://www.teranews.com Oneoff onetime payment of a couple of quid or so.

I now monitor the pipex.xtreme.support ng - but via free.teranews.com
--

Replace the dots and remove nospam for valid email address

Old May 27th 04, 01:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob Walker

"Gameface" wrote in message
Isnt about time they fix this... i have been with pipex for about 16mnths
now and the newsgroups are still terribly slow

Anyone else suffer this problem?

Yes but if you use news-text.dsl.pipex.com the problem goes away.
You do loose binary groups however.

It's appauling that this still isn't fixed. Coupled with the fact that their
prices have gone up a bit for new connections, when I move house in about a
month I'll be looking elsewhere.

Rob

Old May 27th 04, 02:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Thu, 27 May 2004 12:13:05 +0100, "Gameface"
strung together this:

Anyone else suffer this problem?

No problems here, I find Pipex better than individual.net.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Old May 27th 04, 05:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Father Jack Hackett

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 May 2004 12:13:05 +0100, "Gameface"
strung together this:

Anyone else suffer this problem?

No problems here, I find Pipex better than individual.net.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd

http://www.teranews.com/createaccount.html

Free = $3.95 isn't free isn't it??

Old May 27th 04, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:28:27 +0100, "Father Jack Hackett"
strung together this:

http://www.teranews.com/createaccount.html

Free = $3.95 isn't free isn't it??

Eh? Been at the sauce again Father?
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Old May 27th 04, 06:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
aj

for text only try using

news-text.dsl.pipex.com

instead of th main news server - much quicker.

Old May 27th 04, 08:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Father Jack Hackett

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:28:27 +0100, "Father Jack Hackett"
strung together this:

http://www.teranews.com/createaccount.html

Free = $3.95 isn't free isn't it??

Eh? Been at the sauce again Father?
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd

It says on that link here : http://www.teranews.com that the service is
FREE!!

BUT go to sign up and it's $3.95, now does that not contradict itself?

and no I've not been at the sauce today thanks :-)

Old May 27th 04, 09:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Thu, 27 May 2004 19:14:13 +0100, "Father Jack Hackett"
strung together this:

It says on that link here : http://www.teranews.com that the service is
FREE!!

BUT go to sign up and it's $3.95, now does that not contradict itself?

and no I've not been at the sauce today thanks :-)

Well, I never said anything about teranews, free or otherwise.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Old May 27th 04, 11:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Father Jack Hackett

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 May 2004 19:14:13 +0100, "Father Jack Hackett"
strung together this:

It says on that link here : http://www.teranews.com that the service is
FREE!!

BUT go to sign up and it's $3.95, now does that not contradict itself?

and no I've not been at the sauce today thanks :-)

Well, I never said anything about teranews, free or otherwise.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd

And I never said you had, I was merely stating your ignorance, no pun
intended.

:-)