BT to increase Surftime Anytime to 29.99 per month

Old May 29th 04, 12:40 PM posted to demon.service,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Hodgson

Default BT to increase Surftime Anytime to 29.99 per month

Hi all,

Anyone else get the letter? Anyone else as ****ed off with this as I
am?

I will save the moaning about no broadband here etc, but I am
wondering whether there is anything we can actually do about this?

Andrew.
My Email: use andrew at hodgsonfamily dot org.
Old May 29th 04, 01:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gary MacKenzie

On Sat, 29 May 2004 11:40:36 +0100, Andrew Hodgson
wrote:

Hi all,

Anyone else get the letter? Anyone else as ****ed off with this as I
am?

I will save the moaning about no broadband here etc, but I am
wondering whether there is anything we can actually do about this?

Andrew.

Yes.
thought it was because our local exchange has only just updated to
adsl.

at 29.99 plus 20.00 for my demon connection per month , it will cost
2 x adsl .... gee , wonder which option i'm changing to.
Old May 29th 04, 02:54 PM posted to demon.service,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Hodgson

wrote:

I will save the moaning about no broadband here etc, but I am
wondering whether there is anything we can actually do about this?

Yes. Take your business elsewhere.

If you know anywhere that provides heavy rate Internet access with a
static ip at the same rate let me know. I tend to use over 70 hours a
week (actually, thats not me, but combined with me downloading
newsgroups/email, and my sisters both using MSN Messenger, and parents
doing web surfing/email).

Old May 29th 04, 03:00 PM posted to demon.service,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Andrew Hodgson" wrote in message
Anyone else get the letter? Anyone else as ****ed off with this as I
am?

I will save the moaning about no broadband here etc, but I am
wondering whether there is anything we can actually do about this?

When is the price increase supposed to occur from?

The only recent notification from BT to Ofcom Surftime that I can find
doesn't actually seem to mention the price increase..

http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/n...s.boo/1246.htm

Regards
Sunil

Old May 29th 04, 03:17 PM posted to demon.service,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Black Shuck

Andrew Hodgson wrote:

Hi all,

Anyone else get the letter? Anyone else as ****ed off with this as I
am?

I will save the moaning about no broadband here etc, but I am
wondering whether there is anything we can actually do about this?

Andrew.

It's BT, are you suprised... Try chaging to someone who cares..

Plusnet, Pipex. AA etc...

--
This dog don't give a feck...
Old May 29th 04, 03:36 PM posted to demon.service,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 29 May 2004 13:54:51 +0100, Andrew Hodgson
wrote:

If you know anywhere that provides heavy rate Internet access with a
static ip at the same rate let me know.

one of the pipex deals might work out, see
http://www.dial.pipex.net/sales/dial...packages.shtml

e.g. http://www.dial.pipex.net/sales/dial...e/3to1pop.html
for ~40/monhth you get a 3:1 contended 64k service, pay more for less
contention or more for 128k. 5:1 128k is 50/month.

Phil
Old May 29th 04, 04:44 PM posted to demon.service,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

wrote in message
They ALL care about how much money they can extract from you and very
little else all are tared with the same brush .
Grant .

There was me thinking a buisness is suppose to make money.

Old May 29th 04, 07:29 PM posted to demon.service,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Graham in Melton" wrote in message
The price certainly sounds high - what was it before as a matter of

interest
?

24.99/month for Surftime Anytime
7.00/month for evenings and weekends only.

You could have 300 hours a month by having two BT Anytime 150 accounts

(not
that I'd recommend them) or even two Freeserve Anytime accounts for that
price !

BT Surftime Anytime is not a ISP/unternet access product itself, as such.

Instead, its a BT Billing option that allows BT customers to make uncharged
calls to specified 0844 04 number ranges. Details at
http://www.bt.com/surftime

This combined with an ISP subscription from a ISP which use dial-up numbers
in the 0844 04 range allows people unmetered internet access at the
specified times..

Some ISP's like Demon use 0844 04 numbers and allow you to remain online
with no cut offs etc.. - useful if you need such access and can't get
Broadband

Regards
Sunil

Old May 29th 04, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband,demon.service
Bob Eager

On Sat, 29 May 2004 17:15:11 UTC, Graham in Melton
wrote:

The price certainly sounds high - what was it before as a matter of interest
?

24.99 - it went up from 19.99 just over two years ago.

That (and being screwed by my the ISP, Zetnet) was the event that
finally convinced me that ADSL was economically the best move!

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
Old May 29th 04, 07:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

wrote:

The price certainly sounds high - what was it before as a matter of

interest
?

o24.99 - it went up from o19.99 just over two years ago.

That (and being screwed by my the ISP, Zetnet) was the event that
finally convinced me that ADSL was economically the best move!

It certainly is at 29.99 a month for dialup! (If your house can get it, of
course)

19.99 to 29.99 in two years is a 50% price rise!