Download cap on Btyahoo broadband?

Old May 31st 04, 03:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
A.J.B

Default Download cap on Btyahoo broadband?

Just been in touch with BtYahoo broadband about the
possibility of upgrading to 1Mbs and when i asked if there
was a download cap i was informed that it was 1GB per day,
the same as now.
I have been downloading more than that for the last 2 years
on my 512k connection and they have not contacted me about
my usage. I usually max out my connection and have been
downloading 200mb an hour 24/7 for the past 2 years.
I can't find anything in the terms and conditions that says 1GB
per day . Anyone know if this is true?.

Andy.

Old May 31st 04, 04:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"A.J.B" wrote in message
Just been in touch with BtYahoo broadband about the
possibility of upgrading to 1Mbs and when i asked if there
was a download cap i was informed that it was 1GB per day,
the same as now.
I have been downloading more than that for the last 2 years
on my 512k connection and they have not contacted me about
my usage. I usually max out my connection and have been
downloading 200mb an hour 24/7 for the past 2 years.
I can't find anything in the terms and conditions that says 1GB
per day . Anyone know if this is true?.

http://help.btinternet.com/yahoo/hel..._2_0_440,.html

Its not a complusary download cap (hence not mentioned in the T&C) but a
"advisory"/suggested limit/guideline

Regards
Sunil

Old May 31st 04, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adam Davies

In article ,
says...

"A.J.B" wrote in message
Just been in touch with BtYahoo broadband about the
possibility of upgrading to 1Mbs and when i asked if there
was a download cap i was informed that it was 1GB per day,
the same as now.
I have been downloading more than that for the last 2 years
on my 512k connection and they have not contacted me about
my usage. I usually max out my connection and have been
downloading 200mb an hour 24/7 for the past 2 years.
I can't find anything in the terms and conditions that says 1GB
per day . Anyone know if this is true?.

http://help.btinternet.com/yahoo/hel..._2_0_440,.html

Its not a complusary download cap (hence not mentioned in the T&C) but a
"advisory"/suggested limit/guideline

Regards
Sunil

"This is the typical usage profile of all but a very small percentage of
our broadband customers"

i would of thought that it would untypical of all but a very small
percentage of users.
Old June 2nd 04, 11:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete devlin

In message , Dan
writes
What an earth do you download? I use P2P and consider myself a heavy user
but since upgrading to 1mbit I'm still download the same gigs a month.
Around 20gb a month. You download about 150gb a month!?!

Congrats, you have been Truscotted. He's mad, just ignore him and he'll
go away.
--
Pete Devlin
A man's home is his castle, in a manor of speaking.
Old June 3rd 04, 10:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nsj

Dan wrote:

What an earth do you download? I use P2P and consider myself a heavy user
but since upgrading to 1mbit I'm still download the same gigs a month.
Around 20gb a month. You download about 150gb a month!?!

Ah, top poster who is also unable to read.

I shall summise my post in small words for you:

"I think it is hard for people to download over 30GB a month, especially if
they are not downloading illegally from p2p."

--
Now Playing: Oasis - Stand By Me [192kbps mp3]