Please help me choose an ISP

Old June 1st 04, 06:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clueless Crusader

Default Please help me choose an ISP

Ian Stirling wrote:
Ian Stirling wrote:
Rufus Stone wrote:
On Thu, 27 May 2004 22:58:58 +0100, Black Shuck
wrote:

believe otherwise, as it's working a champ here.... Plusnet are a

awesome ISP anyway, with great packages at great prices...

If you do decide the Plusnet route, please use my referal code:
mgillespie during signup...

I have no doubt that the new PlusNet news server is an improvement
over their old. It certainly couldn't be much worse for binary
completion.

However I am always dubious of someone posting such information

who
quotes a referral code and thus has a vested interested.

Maybe we should wait to see how it settles down?

Indeed.
It's very bad for text at the moment, and headers are slow to

download.
It was comparable to giganews/usenetserver in terms of

articles/completion
the last time I looked, however I'm getting more headers now, to

see if
it's fallen off.

I's day wait a week or so till we see how it handles the load after

being
tuned.
I'll be posting updates later.

They've put the original news-servers back, and are messing with the
filesystems of the beta servers, to try to improve them for when
they go live.

Well, things have somewhat changed over the weekend .... Plusnet have
changed their bb packages and it does not look so attractive anymore.
I'll just go for a cheap-ish decent ISP and buy unlimited newsfeed from
Astraweb at around 6 pm. So, anyone can suggest a cheap decent ISP?

Old June 2nd 04, 03:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dicki Dido

Hi,
I was with Freeserve for more than five years and when I switched to
broadband I spent a lot of time and effort looking into various ISP
providers.
I eventually choose Plusnet and I must say I am more than happy with
my decision.The original application was made on a Monday and I was fully
connected by the Friday evening.They are very helpful and keep you fully
informed of proceedings all the way through your application.The helpline
and support is absolutly first class and I must say that for a ISP they are
really brilliant.No problems with connection or speed they are all as
advertised . If you do have a problem the staff often look on here for
problems and sort them out with customers.
Hope this helps you to make a decision.If you are happy please use my u/n
as referral that is:- beechville96

"Clueless Crusader" wrote in message