Pipex 0845 backup

Old June 3rd 04, 08:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nigel

Default Pipex 0845 backup

Hi,

I am waiting for my Pipex ADSL activation at present. I read something
about 0845 backup, but I'm not clear whether I am talking about there
'roaming' service which costs an extra 6 per month. I tried to set up a
dial-up connection as described on their website, but my ADSL
username/password were rejected. I have, however, managed to access my new
Pipex mailbox using my existing Tiscali dial-up.

Does anyone know if Pipex do provide a free (pay as you go) dial-up service
as part of their Solo 500 service? Also, I believe they offer unmetered
dial-up in the case of an extended ADSL failure. Does anyone know how this
works? I imagine they might have to provide you with a username/password
and a dial-up number when they have acknowledged the ADSL problem.

Any information about either of these would be much appreciated.

Nigel.

Old June 3rd 04, 08:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alien Zord

http://www.xtreme.pipex.net/adsl/services/dial-backup/

Old June 3rd 04, 11:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen (aka steford)

Nigel wrote:

[...]

Also worth plugging in a modem as soon as you can to check if ADSL is
up and running. Got an email from Pipex saying BT would enable my line
on the 7th but all was fine last night. In total around 1 week from
transferring number from NTL to newly installed BT line and broadband.
Pretty pleased with that.

Old June 3rd 04, 04:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nigel

I'm actually supposed to be activated tomorrow. The modem is already
plugged in, and still flashing last night.

"Stephen (aka steford)" wrote in
message ...

Old June 3rd 04, 05:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen (aka steford)

Nigel wrote:

[...]

Unlucky. After years of waiting for NTL to get broadband working in
London I couldn't wait to get up and running :-)
Old June 5th 04, 06:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alec

Stephen (aka steford) wrote:
Nigel wrote:

[...]

When Monday arrives and my Pipex ADSL connection is still not working (would
you believe no support on weekends !!) that will be 14 days since it was
"migrated" from BT.
Come back BT all is forgiven......

Alec

---