ASDH2 processor - eh?

Old June 3rd 04, 10:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
robert w hall

Default ASDH2 processor - eh?

In our investigations on why our local exchange won't be broadbanded for
10 months, we've had the following feedback (but don't know what it
means :-)

"Falfield is dependant on a new ASDH2 processor which has to be
installed in Dursley in late October. This is a new piece of
technology which is being introduced into the BT network and is not
available for use for deployment until July. The fibres have been
reserved between Dursley and Falfield so there should be no problem
with The RFS date of early March 05. This is one of the sites that
I will ask the planners to review as part of the June date setting
exercise

anyone help interpret??
Is it related to ASDL2??
--
robert w hall
Old June 4th 04, 01:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"robert w hall" wrote in message
"Falfield is dependant on a new ASDH2 processor which has to be
installed in Dursley in late October. This is a new piece of
technology which is being introduced into the BT network and is not
available for use for deployment until July. The fibres have been
reserved between Dursley and Falfield so there should be no problem
with The RFS date of early March 05. This is one of the sites that
I will ask the planners to review as part of the June date setting
exercise

anyone help interpret??
Is it related to ASDL2??

Nothing to do with ADSL2

ASDH2 = Access Synchronous Digital Hierarchy

If you google on the above or "SDH" you will come up with lots of hits...

Regards
Sunil

Old June 4th 04, 08:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
robert w hall

In article , Steve
writes
On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 01:01:10 +0100, "Sunil Sood"
wrote:

Nothing to do with ADSL2

Oh well - one could but hope :-)

ASDH2 = Access Synchronous Digital Hierarchy

Is this to do with subtending the exchange 'backhaul', so sharing the
larger capacity of a parent exchange to a more remote exchange? In
this case between Falfield and Dursley.

Not in the 'old' sense I think (Falfield is at least 1500 punters, and
Dursley is only about 7,000, and not the nearest exchange of that size -
(that's Thornbury, which adjoins Falfield to the south) - so I'd be
slightly surprised if they've left the capacity to _subtend_ Falfield
from Dursley).

But times are a changin'

--
robert w hall
Old June 4th 04, 09:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian G Batten

In article ,
robert w hall wrote:
"Falfield is dependant on a new ASDH2 processor which has to be

anyone help interpret??
Is it related to ASDL2??

I presume this is a reference to Fujitsu's Stage 2 Access SDH (``FBX'')
product, which provides fibre access over fractional STM-1. An STM-1 is
155Mbps. The FBX ATM cards can be used to link a DSLAM in one exchange
via Access SDH to another exchange which is on the main SDH cloud. This
isn't subtending, as any DSLAM in the exchange that _is_ on the main SDH
cloud isn't involved.

ian