Paradigm PAE-CE84 ADSL Router - Firmware Update

Old June 6th 04, 02:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel

Default Paradigm PAE-CE84 ADSL Router - Firmware Update

Does anyone know where I can download the latest firmware for this ADSL
router ?

I have tried the manufacturers site, but there is no firmware available to
download.

It is the 2004 version I am after.

Thanks
Daniel

Old July 19th 05, 09:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
russh

Daniel Wrote:
Does anyone know where I can download the latest firmware for this ADSL
router ?

I have tried the manufacturers site, but there is no firmware availabl
download.

It is the 2004 version I am after.

Thanks
Daniel

Hi,

I've obtained the latest firmware upgrade after some conversations wit
their support personnel.

Contact me for it. russellh 'at' ysmail dot ne

--
russh
Old July 20th 05, 08:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 19 Jul 2005 21:22, russh wrote:

Daniel Wrote:

On Sunday, 06/06/2004

I've obtained the latest firmware upgrade after some conversations with
their support personnel.

Contact me for it. russellh 'at' ysmail dot net

What version do you have ? Although your post arrived in July 2005, it
might have been written in July 2004 for all we know, and been 'delayed'
before getting to the newsgroup... Anyway, why not put it on a website
so that anyone who wants it can just download it ? (when they know what
version it is, and it is more recent than what they have!) Peter M.

Old August 5th 05, 09:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jools

I am also looking for firmware for this router (mine is Conexant PT
PAE-Ce84)

I'm hoping the latest firmware will offer the firewall feature
mentioned here

http://firewalling.com/pti/pae-ce84-firewall.ht

--
Jools
Old August 6th 05, 07:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 5 Aug 2005 21:01, Jools wrote:

I'm hoping the latest firmware will offer the firewall features
mentioned here

Why ? A software firewall is surely easy to obtain, and possibly more
flexible. I've certainly not bothered to investigate the firewalls in
the other routers I've bought. At least I know that if something does
work on one PC, but not on another, it is down to the PC settings, and
as I swap routers now and again, some with no firewall facility, there
is nothing significant which changes depending on the router... Peter.

Old August 6th 05, 10:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jools

poster Wrote:

Why ? A software firewall is surely easy to obtain, and possibly more
flexible. I've certainly not bothered to investigate the firewalls in
the other routers I've bought. At least I know that if something does
work on one PC, but not on another, it is down to the PC settings, and
as I swap routers now and again, some with no firewall facility, there
is nothing significant which changes depending on the router... Peter.

I want the IP filtering to be on the network with a software firewal
it has to go through my PC

Thank

--
Jools