Plusnetr to float! Who is buying shares?

Old June 7th 04, 10:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clueless

Default Plusnetr to float! Who is buying shares?

Maybe punters should get shares in it like the dotcom model of Totalise etc.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/06...net_aim_float/

S. Althaf

Old June 7th 04, 11:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
GwG

"Clueless" wrote in message
Maybe punters should get shares in it like the dotcom model of

Totalise etc.

I still have bundles of Totalise shares that I can let you have for a
reasonable price ;-)

Old June 7th 04, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Mourby

"GwG" wrote in message ...

"Clueless" wrote in message
Maybe punters should get shares in it like the dotcom model of

Totalise etc.

I still have bundles of Totalise shares that I can let you have for a
reasonable price ;-)

I'll swap them for my Ezesurf/Surfsaver shares
(You'll have to think BACK to remember that one)

--

Home Page: http://jamesuk.cjb.net
Blur Discography: http://www.mourby.plus.com/blur/

Old June 7th 04, 08:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin

now I understand why PlusNet are giving away broadband at 14.99 (which is a
very negative margin). More customers mean higher floating share price, even
if those customers are loosing you money.

such a strategy is not always in the best long term interests of the
customer.

Old June 8th 04, 09:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Wild

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 20:53:20 +0100, "Martin" wrote:

now I understand why PlusNet are giving away broadband at 14.99 (which is a
very negative margin). More customers mean higher floating share price, even
if those customers are loosing you money.

such a strategy is not always in the best long term interests of the
customer.

Hi Martin,

It is not a strategy of PlusNet to offer products which are not
profitable and sustainable in the long term. I wonder if you have
taken into account the new BT Wholesale Capacity Based charges?

http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/c...boo/123748.htm

Bear in mind that the 14.99 Broadband product we are offering is
based on the CBC model and is aimed at users who don't regularly have
heavy requirements of their broadband connection.

Regards,

Ian