Advice ADSL broadband

Old June 7th 04, 05:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.adverts.computer
Aquazur-Dra

Default Advice ADSL broadband

newbie needs advice

Looking to set up a wireless 108Mips 802.11g / 108Mips 802.11b compatible
broad band system to connect up

1) netgem I - player [ USB to Ethernet ] to access ADSL broadband connection
into existing Sony digital TV / 5.1 surround system

( In lounge)

2) Dell 610 laptop ( O.S WIN 2000/pcmia card bus x 2 USB 1.1 port x 1 )

Use - anywhere in house to Connect to Work VPN network wirelessly via
broadband connection + surf
intenet etc via VPN network firewall

3) pentablet ( O.S WIN 2000 /USB 1.1 port )

Use - anywhere in house Connect to Work VPN network wirelessly via
broadband connection +
surf intenet etc via VPN network firewall

4) PC ( O.S WIN 98se ) In ist floor office
[ fiited with USB2 Pci card and external 120 mb Hard disk NO Ethernet
connection ]

NB Main incoming BT box has a cover plate fitted ( no terminal) telephone
extension cabling from socket goes independantly to :-

a) socket serving Office on first floor - serving phone /PC 56k Dun
connection
b) socket Kitchen - serving digital cordless phone

NB Need to be able to

a) share /print /transfer files from each computer and
external 120 mb Harddisk [back up drive ]on pc

b) netgem I - player broadband internet to acess connection into existing
sony digital
TV / 5.1 surround system

c) Laptop/ Pentablet to acess VPN network / surf internet via internal VPN
firewall

d) use phone anywhere in hose

ADVICE

a) Which ADSL modem/router should I buy and why ?

b) What other hardware /software do I need ?

c) Which ISP provides best deal/support ( up to 22 per month+VAT )

d) Which pC /Laptop should be used to set up /maintain ADSL broadband
connection ?

Any one care to quote for hardware + installation/set up

--
`,,,,`,,,,`,,,,`
th\nks Dave Armes

Old June 7th 04, 05:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.adverts.computer
Flexi

"Aquazur-Dra" wrote in message
SNIP
Wrong Group.... you want uk.telecom.broadband

Old June 7th 04, 05:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.adverts.computer
Dominic

Aquazur-Dra wrote:
newbie needs advice

Looking to set up a wireless 108Mips 802.11g / 108Mips 802.11b
compatible broad band system to connect up

1) netgem I - player [ USB to Ethernet ] to access ADSL broadband
connection into existing Sony digital TV / 5.1 surround system

snip

Any one care to quote for hardware + installation/set up

Don't suppose you're near Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire are you?

Dominic

Old June 7th 04, 05:54 PM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 16:39:40 UTC, "Aquazur-Dra"
wrote:

newbie needs advice

I really don't know why you posted to uk.adverts.computer - it is off
topic (VERY) for that group.

The obvious place is uk.telecom.broadband, and perhaps
alt.internet.providers.uk.

FU's set.
--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
Old June 10th 04, 12:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.adverts.computer
poster

On 7 Jun 2004, "Flexi" wrote:

you want uk.telecom.broadband

Does your newsreader not show the list of groups to which you post ?
( uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk,uk. adverts.computer )
Old June 10th 04, 12:21 AM posted to alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 23:03:48 UTC, poster wrote:

On 7 Jun 2004, "Flexi" wrote:

you want uk.telecom.broadband

Does your newsreader not show the list of groups to which you post ?
( uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk,uk. adverts.computer )

It probably does....the point is that uk.telecom.broadband is the most
apposite group, and uk.adverts.computer most certainly is not.