Trying to register for ASDL

Old June 7th 04, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Wizzo

Default Trying to register for ASDL

Hi, I'm trying to register for an ASDL connection, I have a BT line, and had
my number ported over from NTL. The line was reconnected on friday and by
friday evening the number was ported, but when I try and use the broadband
checker I get the following message:
There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it
is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most
new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the
line.

However, in a very few cases, new numbers may not be reported immediately to
the availability checker. These numbers will only be discovered and added to
the availability checker following our regular audit and cross-checking
process and this may take up to six weeks.

I have called BT and they say that its because the line isnt closed off and
that this can take 3-4 days, does anyone have any experience of this kinda
thing, is this correct information?

Old June 7th 04, 06:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

Mr Wizzo wrote:
[...]

Sounds about right. Sometimes new lines turn up on the checker straight
away, sometimes they don't. In the meantime, you can still place your ADSL
order, as the ISP can put a manual order through the system regardless of
the result of BT's broadband checker.

Dominic

--
ICBroadband Tech Support - working for you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
24 hour service status information telephone: 0870 760 5933

Old June 7th 04, 06:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Wizzo

snipped previous posts

Sounds about right. Sometimes new lines turn up on the checker straight
away, sometimes they don't. In the meantime, you can still place your ADSL
order, as the ISP can put a manual order through the system regardless of
the result of BT's broadband checker.

Dominic

--
ICBroadband Tech Support - working for you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
24 hour service status information telephone: 0870 760 5933
www.icbroadband.com/support

I'm trying to register with Pipex and its done online, it seems to me you
cant proceed with the order unless your number passes the checker test :-/

Old June 7th 04, 06:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

"Mr Wizzo" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
snipped previous posts

Sounds about right. Sometimes new lines turn up on the checker straight
away, sometimes they don't. In the meantime, you can still place your

ADSL
order, as the ISP can put a manual order through the system regardless

of
the result of BT's broadband checker.

I'm trying to register with Pipex and its done online, it seems to me you
cant proceed with the order unless your number passes the checker test :-/

If they can take orders of the phone that might be the way to proceed.
Unfortunately, many providers can't, in which case you'll just have to wait
until the checker says you can have it

Dominic